Breast feeding / pumping

vixy

Expecting baby boy #2
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm after some advise about getting baby to take a bottle. I exclusively breastfed and have expressed a couple of times but it's very hit and miss as to whether he takes the bottle but he will mainly take it only from me.

My worry is I'll be going back to work in February and it's already playing on my mind about him taking a bottle and me leaving him which I really don't want to do anyway ( although 2/3 days a week he's at nursery at my work so not quite as bad)
I want to start trying to get him used to taming a bottle, especially from someone else ( mum/ OH ) but I don't know when to pump etc? I worry that if I pump I won't have enough to feed him throughout the day? Would you just pump every morning and my supply will increase to accommodate or take something to help supply??

Any advise appreciated x

My LO never took a bottle but got to grips with a sippy cup at 6 months very easily.

Hi button, thanks, did he take his milk through the day in a dippy cup then? My lo will be away from me from 10-3 so will only need 1-2 feeds a guess by the. As he will be on solids too.

I'm not sure if I'm over worrying x

We didn't give milk in it until he was one as I couldn't be bothered to pump, so he just had water. But I think it would be worth trying with some milk.

I would pump after your first 2 morning feeds. Your supply is highest early in the morning. I agree about trying a sippy cup for a baby that won't take a bottle. It's worth a try!

Have you tried lots of different bottles/teats? We were advised to go straight to number 2 teats. It took is about 8 weeks and lots of bottles before finding one Jessica would take without to much of a fuss x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->