Breast Feeding!!!

KX

Reaction score
My god is all I can say.

I bf Lucy for 2 days then had to give up as the stomache pains were so severe it felt like labour pains again! I was on dehydracodeine and paracetemol but after her being on the breast a couple of minutes I couldn't cope! It was like spasms!

Anyway she went on aptimal for 1 day and I tried again today and its fine.

Why dont they prepare you for that kind of pain!!

My nipples are getting sore tho, and I have been putting lansinoh on, is there anyother remedy anyone can recommend?

Also she is a snack feeder-doesnt go on for any length of time, but wants 5 minutes here and there which (sounds bad) but is so annoying and restrictive!

Any help would be appreciated. Also slings-I want a comfortable one suitable for feeding etc-any advice?

thankies xxx

Cant offer any breast feeding advise, just wanted to give you a hug for the after pains.

horrible horrible things!

:hugs:

x

Layla hun now I know why u tried to pre warn me! They are horrendous!

i think midwifes reaslly should tell mums more about them, i dont think anyone is prepared for them second time round

x

kamillosan hun is the best. Also air breasts as much as poss. She will snack like this for a while. You need Kina,Beanie or Caroline for advice they are best ones to advise

Congrats on birth hunny
Bex.x

believe me it does get better.
Breast feeding takes alot of commitment and perserverance.
I had some toe curling times.
The after pains do subside. honestly.
But well done for giving it a go.
I was too subborn to admit defeat and fed through pain and tears because i didn't want every one who was saying bottle bottle bottle to win! but that was my own point of view (not judging any one)

Kx have you had someone come and check you latch. If that is ok then it might be that you have a snacker. Lucy will be feeding often to get your milk supply up and its tough but the best thing is to just let her feed when she wants. My firends baby fed for a bit at a time whereas seren fed for 40 mins a time and they both grew at the same rate. she willsoonsettledown intoa more regular routine and will space her feeds.

as for the sore nipples the best thing is breastmilk, just express a bit and rub on after a feed. there is lasioh too, which helped me.

The lansinoh cream is the best thing. I laddled it on for a week or two till it all settled down.

Your nipples will get less painful, but it will take time. I'd make sure that you're getting the latch right, check with your MW. Trying different positions when feeding can help, i.e rugby ball hold, lying down etc. Afterpains are a bitch 2nd time round I couldn't believe how painful they were after Alex when I didn't suffer anything after Ella!
Her feeding will settle, she's just getting used to breastfeeding and also stimulating your milk, give it a week or two and you'll be doing great.

Sounds like you're doing great K, you've been given great advice - I'd just add make sure you're using paper backed breast pads (johnstons, tommy tippee, lasinoh are all good) or re-usables, don't go for the one with plastic backs as they don't let your boobs air and can lead to infections if you are going to be prone to anything.

If your nipples are sore it could be that the latch isn't right and a bit of your boobs adjusting to Lucy's suckling.

Olivia was a snack feeder too and had to try putting a wet cloth on her face and blowing in her face to wake her up a bit.

I have a Coorie sling from www.brightsparkslings.co.uk and breastfed well in it

Thanks for the responses ladies.

MW been out today, her latch is fine, but the constant 5-10 minute feeds are getting me down tbh. I try and nip up for a bath and I can hear her scream holy murder downstairs and she had only just fed 20 mins prior. My apetite since birth is next to nothing so I feel really lethargic and the constant feeds are proving difficult.I have thought about even expressing so I can atleast have a bath and shower in peace without being disturbed.

My hat goes off to you ladies who have done it for so long.xxx

Lucy I think I am going to order one of the rainbow pouches! x

Could she be comfort sucking? Can someone take her for a walk round the block whilst you get a bath in peace and a little rest in the day? I'm sure she'll settle, you've both had a traumatic time of it and are both bound to be affected by the birth. Any chance of someone taking Rebecca out for the day so you and Lucy can have a little feed in day with some dvds, food you enjoy, drinks and lots of naps in bed etc? ((hugs)) hon I know it can getting really hard sometimes and you're doing really well by persisting.

K, has your milk come in yet? Can you feel or see a letdown? (when the milk is spurting out, this sometime happens when you're not feeding so you will see the milk and should happen when Lucy is feeding - her jaw will make larger chomping actions).

Please feel free to give me a shout if you need anything, you can try my sling to see if you get one with it if you like? (it's freshly washed ready for new baby!).

Thanks Lucy :hugs:

MW just been out and she said that I have mastitis in my right breast-its red and flushed, told me to get savoy cabbage and take paracetemol every 4 hours. She said if it gets worse I will need antibiotics, but this will not stop me feeding her myself.

She also weighed her and she is still 9lb 4oz her birth weight which she said is good as usually they lose a little-so something must be going right.

My sanity is suffering, think today is the worst so far, can't stop weeping.

xxxx

You are doing so well!! i had mastitis and it was soo sore!! they gave me antibiotics straight away. Just keep feeding off that side and it will help clear it up.

well done Kx, your doing so well :D

Coby didnt lose weight after he was born either so she must be getting enough.

hope the pain eases soon for you, hang in there

x

She also weighed her and she is still 9lb 4oz her birth weight which she said is good as usually they lose a little-so something must be going right.

you should be so proud of yourself!!! Mastitis is a bitch, as much as it feels bad you must keep feeding off that side. Heat applied to the area is great especially before a feed, perhaps use a hotwater bottle.

WOW hats off to you Karrina, you are doing amazing! Mastitis sounds nasty, I was lucky never to get it. Well done to you x

have u been on ebay my ate got this one and found this really helped
https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/COORY-CARRY-...yZ137725QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

ths lady has had 12 kids and used it one evryone of them

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->