Breast milk freezer bags?.....

LoveMy2Boys2

Reaction score
Need pump advice please! I have an Ameda breast pump..... Do I need Ameda breast milk freezer bags ? Or can I use any brand? I just bought a different brand because it was in sale .... Will it work fine with the pump ?

I pump into the bottle and then pour into the freezer bags. Xxxxx

Ok they should work then! I wondered how it worked in the first place lol. Thanks!

have you pumped before? If not, just letting you know that you'll only get a tiny bit out in the first few weeks. This is all baby needs as their tummy is no bigger than a marble :)

I have breastfed/pumped with both babies previously but only for a 6wks (dried up from using pump only) and 1 wk(son had had severe digestive issues, needed prescription formula :( ) , I never made it to the freezing stage ..... I'm feeling determined this time around!! I'd like to soley feed off breast but freeze what I pump in between......

I pump into the bottle and then pour into the freezer bags. Xxxxx

I did this, too. I found Lansinoh bags were the best, because they would freeze flat. Then I'd stack them all up. The Lansinoh bags are pretty cheap on Amazon.

With DD once my milk came in a couple days after delivery I made enough milk to pump and freeze at least 5 oz per side in-between feedings so it doesn't always take weeks to establish supply. Every woman is different, so you may make plenty this time around. This was great because I built a nice reserve but I learned it can also cause over-supply issues. Lots of good forums about BFing issues and tips on LLL site, too. As for milk bags - I did both bottle and bag depending on which bags I had on hand. I have a Medela pump like the Lansinoh bags best because as PP said, they freeze flatter. But the Medela has a little attachment where you can hang the bags and pump directly into them without holding on, which is convenient. Pumping into bottles works, too, but I like to wash fewer things!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->