• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Breast Pumps

Layla

Reaction score
Hi guys

I will be buying my breast pump pretty soon, just wanted to get views from all the breast feeders.

I will be getting a Medela electric one, but im not sure whcih one to get. I was going to get the double pump, but im wondering now whether a single will work just as well.

Which one do you recomend?

Thanks

x

I look forward to your responses Layla as I'm looking for one at the moment

With Olivia I had a Medula single electric one but couldn't get on with it (but I was using it when I was so sore and think I might try this one again).
I had good use out of my Avent Isis manual single pump but it was a lot slower than the electric.

Hopefully Kina will reply with information on hers, I believe she has the Medula swing one and she loves it.

You guys are buying breast pumps already, is this something I should be looking into now? I plan to breast feed as well.

The ones we highly suggest to our patients is the Medela pump in style advanced. The original is nice but the advanced has a let down mode which is awesome! If your thinking about getting the single electric it should only be used for the occasional pump (3 to 4 times in a week). It does not carry the same power as the original and advanced when it comes to keeping your milk supply up. Also, you should consider renting a hospital grade pump after delivery because it's better in bringing in your milk supply =)

luckyme - I wont be using the pump to keep my supply up, just to express milk for when I need the baby to take a feed from a bottle rather than direct from me. Over here I think the advice is to put the baby to the breast as often as possible to encourage your milk to come in, your hormones from the baby suckling will be more effective at it that a pump.

Ishtar, with my daughter I didn't buy a pump until I needed one, I wasn't sure if I WOULD need one so don't worry if you don't buy one, you might not need it. I'm planning to express some milk for a small bottle early evening when the baby is approximately 4-6 wks old but you might not have a need to express milk or alternatively you can hand express.

The ones we highly suggest to our patients is the Medela pump in style advanced. The original is nice but the advanced has a let down mode which is awesome! If your thinking about getting the single electric it should only be used for the occasional pump (3 to 4 times in a week). It does not carry the same power as the original and advanced when it comes to keeping your milk supply up. Also, you should consider renting a hospital grade pump after delivery because it's better in bringing in your milk supply =)

This is the one im considering getting, is this like the advanced?

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI...5542&_trksid=p3907.m32&_trkparms=tab=Watching

x

Thats a really great pump. If your going back to work you may want to upgrade to the next best pump which would be a swing breast pump. The great thing about the double pump you picked is that you get to pump both sides at once. Just make sure that you don't buy it off ebay. The pumps are made for personal use only and can transmit diseases from one person to another. If you go to Medela.com I believe they will give you I list of retail stores in your area that carry it =0)

im not going back to work but i want to make sure i get the max milk possible, i had a hard time feeding my son so i gave up, this time round im determind to do it, even if i cant feed him myself.

I have looked it up on the medela site, its the same sort of price so i will get it form there.

Thanks for your help :)

x

No problem! I wish you lots and lots of milk, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->