Breast tissue under armpits...ouch!!!

M

mamaofthree

I think my body thinks its feeding the worlds babies!!!!! My poor little 36weeker is trying his best to keep up but that's a massive ask for such a little man. I'm engorged and pumping a little plus demand feeding, all is fine but this breast tissue under my arms is swollen and sooooooo sore! Anyone else have this? I know it's totally normal so I guess I'm just having a wings :( making me feel rubish !!

Xxx

Could be milk that is stuck - when LO is feeding you need to be massaging the sore areas pushing it towards the nipple to try and move the stuck milk. I had a maternity nurse help me but if you need a hand ask your OH. It only took me one session to get rid of it and I've been fine since.

Massage will help you, do it in the shower when the water is warm. Also while feeding the baby!
Good luck!

I woke up this morning to an armpit swollen to size of tennis ball.

Called the lactation consultant out who said it was really common when your milk comes in.

She advised to use warm compress and massage before/during feed and cold compress after.

i got the laniosh breast theapy pads which you can microwave/freeze and put in your bra. So far they helping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->