Breastfeeding #2 - any tips

smawfl

Mamma of 2!
Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I breastfed DD for one year so I know I can do it.. I'm just worried it may not go quite so well this time as I know all babies are different. I think I'm going in with an open mind but just wondered if there are any mums here feeding #2 and if you have any tips?

xxx

It's actually been much easier this time. I fed DS1 for 7 months and the early days were rough whereas this time it's just happened without really thinking about it. I think a lot of it was just knowing that cluster feeding is normal and knowing what a good latch looks and feels like.
The only difficulty is nothing to do with actually feeding it's just working out how not to feel like I'm abandoning my toddler when I'm stuck on the sofa feeding...

I found it lots easier this time. I failed to bf with DS due to him not handling my fast let down so I expressed. I have the same let Down this time but DD just deals with it.

For the first few weeks I put cbeebies on for my toddler when I nursed so he would see it as positive but I have since realised he really doesn't care when I'm nursing he just sees it as normal! Obviously he gets less attention but I don't think he'd get more if I bottle fed plus I would be making and cleaning bottles too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->