Breastfeeding and FET

SunUp

Mom
Reaction score
Ok - So, with DS we were LTTC and finally had success with IVF. We have frozen embies and now DS is about a year old, we would like to start the process of trying a FET for number 2. I am currently breastfeeding and co-sleeping with our DS and he loves his milk :).:winkwink:

My only problem is that I cannot be breastfeeding anymore for another cycle.:cry: I was thinking about continuing to pump & dump while on certain medications and then trying to re-latch? However, I have yet to have AF. Anyone else have a similar situation, or any suggestions? I really wanted DS to self-ween but I also don't want to wait a very long time to expand our family. I feel like there is no 'good' answer and am not sure what to do.

I've not been in your situation, but I would advise you to do what you feel is best, and if you want to try the pump and dump and try to re-latch etc... then give it a go! The only thing I would try to do if possible is do things gradually so it's an easier transition for you both. If it were me I would try everything possible to re-establish, and then if it didn't work out I know that I tried, by the way with my children I had my period back when they were 13-14mths old, best of luck with what you decide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->