Breastfeeding and solids

kiwii

Reaction score
I have a question about when you introduce solids to a breastfed baby. Did your baby still have the same type of poops as when (s)he was breastfed or did they become thicker and darker, like adult poops? What is normal?

Following.. ive been wondering the same.

It depends on the child, what they're eating, how much etc. At first for my LO it was still mostly like EBF poo with some bits and it was often obvious what the food was (sweetcorn looks the same and raisins are freaky :rofl:). It gradually changed over time to a thicker consistency and slightly darker colour. By about 18 months, if LO pooed in a potty it would almost look like a grown up poo, but if it was in a nappy and she squished it it still looked like a younger baby's poo. Now she's 2 and if she poos in a nappy it's still yucky baby poo but they look like normal poo in the potty. I don't suppose you often sit in your own poo so maybe all adults' poos would squish like baby poo in a nappy! She is still BF btw.

DD poo is like a very soft adult poo paste like really and yes darker

Poop varies wildly after the introduction of solids. Also, I did notice that as Violet got closer to 1, she became better able to digest foods, so part of it has to do with the maturation of the digestive tract, not just what you feed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->