Breastfeeding and TTC...

MichyA

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I'm currently bf'ing my almost 19 month old son. I would love to continue (although I'm sure many may say he's old enough to ween off...I hear this often from family.) but I just don't feel like we are ready to yet. Truth is outside of my family, no one really knows I'm still bf'ing since my son only does it when he first wakes up in the morning, maybe once during the day, and then again at bedtime. I love this special bonding time with my little boy!

We just decided to start TTC baby no. 2 this month. (My cycles are very regular and I'm hoping that I will get my BFP quickly as I did my first time around with my son.) My question is...is it safe to continue to bf?? I'm concerned about bf'ing if I were to become pregnant. I've heard from a few people that I HAVE TO stop because bf'ing causes contractions that could cause me to miscarry!!! If that's the case then obviously I would definitely stop ASAP! Is this just a myth or is there some truth to it?

Is it O.K. to bf while TTC or while pregnant? Thanks ladies!!

I've wasn't bf my son when ds2 was conceived, but I'd say it's a misconception. No pun intended :)

It is totally fine to breastfeed while TTC or pregnant. It may change the taste of your milk a little during pregnancy, so some lo's can wean themselves, but many don't and will happily continue feeding :)

Thanks
Bevziibubble and sheldonsmommy!

I was hoping it was a misconception (lol)...I'll still check with my OBGyn just to be sure. I'd love for my son to ween on his own naturally.

I'm breastfeeding, LO is 13 months. I've been ttc for 5 months.
Breast feeding has made my cycles really long. 40-50 days :(
Before I fell pregnant with LO, my cycles were 28 days-32days...

Also another problem with breastfeeding is my Luteal Phase. Breast feeding has made my LP really short :(

I'm not ready to wean her yet :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->