Breastfeeding baby, not preventing another :-)

Jess19

Reaction score
Hello girls :hi:

I would like to start a thread for anyone breastfeeding and ntnp for another little one,
DH and I have discussed another but not for a few more months (like this fall or winter)
Ands with no cycles *no af yet. Idk what's going on!

I think that I'm going to bust out the bbt just to see if I'm ovulating. I've been having lots of O symptoms but no return of af.
Actually about a week ago I had fertile cm and ovulation pains! So maybe! !!

Yup, I'm BF and NTNP. My AF's have returned. I'm temping/charting this cycle just to see what my body is up to but we're not timing BD'ing or anything.

Was it a normal cycle? I heard that your LP can be shorter while breastfeeding.

I'm not sure about my first AF but my second was 23 days long. I'm hoping this cycle is a bit longer but I'm under a lot of stress too which isn't helping.

Hi. i'm breastfeeding and ntnp too. still haven't had af and starting to feel a little desperate already. i wanted the next one pretty much straight away.

I've been doing a lot of reading and from what I gather if baby is sleeping through the night fertility might return but if it didn't return than stopping breastfeeding might be the only way for cycles to return :(

Idk if Im ready to stop yet. My daughter has been sleeping through the night since 3 weeks and I don't think my cycles are going to return.
I have had ovulation signs but no AF
And while they say fertility will start to return the LP will be shorter because the lack of progesterone.

But .... anything is possible! Nursing still isn't 100% effective in preventing pregnancy.

My DD also sleeps through the night but my AF returned 2 weeks after the PP bleeding stopped. I have ovulation signs but I don't know if I'm actually ovulating. I get random spotting aswell. Like today for example; I have EWCM but I'm spotting aswell. This happened last cycle too.

That is a little strange, could it be spotting from ovulation? I've heard of that

I've heard of it too. I've never had it before so it's new to me if it is. I would buy OPK's to find out but I think DH would kick my arse!

Yeah my lo sttn but still no return of af. my first two kids are 13 months apart so i thought it'd be easy getting pregnant again this time but Im a lot older now. I had a couple of weeks of spotting but that stopped eight days ago.
Is anyone doing anything to help? I'm taking Vitex and maca...

:) I almost bought opks the other day butt my DH would not be too pleased with me either.
I think I'm going to start temping again so I can see what's going on with out spending any money lol

Idk what to take, there's so many different things out there!

My LO is 12 months & doesn't sleep through the night yet.. matter of fact, he still nurses most of the night, but my af returned at 6 weeks post partum & my cycles are generally 29-34 days long. I was curious as to where in my cycle I was ovulating so this was the first month I used opks to try and track it and I ended up ovulating on cd 20. I'm 8 dpo now.

I told my DH last night about OPK's and he said they're too expensive. Well the one's I like are! No, I'm not taking anything either.

Wow baby doll that's lovely your cycle returned so quick and regular! :) are you going to start poas soon?

I thought about going to the dollar store and buying some opks , but I'd have to hide them lol
I don't like starting temping in the middle of a cycle, or whatever this is for me

Does anyone have a change in milk production when they ovulate or pms?

Brought some OPK's. As I'm bleeding more heavy today and I'm only CD16. I'm thinking I may have a short luteal phase. My milk supply slows down when AF is here.

In read that your LP is sometimes shorter while breastfeeding, the lack of progesterone is to blame
When are you going to start the opks?

When I finish bleeding. They're only the IC's so DH can't complain! I hope I don't have too much of a short LP. I don't want to stop BF'ing yet.

Where did you get your ICs from?

I was thinking about getting ICs but I've never bought any online

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->