Breastfeeding baby, not preventing another :-)

I got my opks from walmart for .88! You can order cheapies online at amazon- that's what I did with my second pregnancy.. this time around I just stopped by walmart and bought a couple. The dollar tree has them as well. For me, it didn't cost very much because I had a general idea of when I o.. I usually cramp for a couple days before. I've never temped, but I used ovufriend and charted cm/cervical position and symptoms & that along with my opks "confirmed" o for me.. atleast as well as you can confirm without temping. I'm not sure how long my lp is since I haven't kept up with it before this cycle. I think I'm going to start testing tomorrow, at 10 dpo and then maybe do every other day until I get a bfp. I've had really strong nausea since 5 dpo so I'm thinking this really might be it. I'm nervous! Oooh.. and I never really noticed a drop in supply around o or af. I've always nursed on demand & my lo has really only started eating solids in the past week (he will be 13 months tmw). Hope that helps!

Got to love the dollar tree and walmart. I used to buy the answer brand opks that are like the ICs, n they work good too! And they come with a free pregnancy test :) its $20 for 30 strips and the hpt, not a bad deal!

Can't wait to see your hpt!! :dust:

I get them from Ebay. I got 30 OPK's with 5 free pregnancy tests.

Babydoll when do you think you'll test?

Redbutterfly how much did you pay for them? What website!?

9 dpo

https://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f221/baby_doll213/daa3453e-6d07-4df5-bc4a-a4bbc64afbfb.jpg

Omg! That looks pretty positive! !!!
How are you feeling?

Awful lol. I never had morning sickness but I've been extremely sick to my stomach since 5 dpo.. and then my boobs started hurting today, that's why I couldn't wait to test. Oooh.. and I've had cold type symptoms and major headaches.

I never got morning sickness, thank God :) with both pregnancies

Did you tell your DH?

Yeah. I think he needs time to process. Ntnp was his idea but he didn't assume itd happen the first cycle and he isn't happy.

Your very lucky to get it the first cycle, that's awesome!
How many little ones do you have?

It took 15 months ttc and we had 1 year before that ntnp. My son is 7, so o0 it seemed like forever for me!
We talked about ttc again soon, but id like to wait until Sept, my befriend is getting married in Aug and I'm her maid of honnor :) plus there's some things we have planned for the summer id like to be able to do. Like ride a roller coaster! I didn't get to do it at all last summer!

Awww I've never been on a roller coaster! It sounds like fun. I have two. 13 months and the other will be five next week. I conceived both of them the first month trying too but I thought it'd be alot harder with breastfeeding. It doesn't feel real yet. Are you wanting to try for a boy or a girl, or do you not really have a preference?

A boy, both me and DH have a child from previous relationships. His daughter is 11, I have a son who is 7 and we have our 4 month old daughter. So he has 2 girls, I'd love to give him a little boy but honestly I'd be happy with either.
:) actually if I had it my way....id want two more kids (DH says this is our last time ttc) but I'd want a little girl than a little boy !
We would have a total of 5 kids!

Are you hoping for a boy or girl?
What do you have now?

My oldest is a little girl and the youngest is a boy. I wouldn't mind either way but my girl wants a little sister so I think it'd be really nice for her. She cried when she found out that my second wasn't going to be a little sister. I think personally I would rather have a another boy though.. so far he's been so much easier than my girl was.. but that could just be him and not a boy/girl thing.

Aww I know where your coming from, my son was upset when he found out he was going up have a little sister lol but he got over it quick. My step daughter was over the moon! She's SO good with her :)
With having 2 older kids it's nice they both help out so much!
I keep thinking what its going to be like if we have another baby right away, or even in the next year. It's going to be a lot different having to take care of two young little ones.DHs brother has twin boys that just turned a year! Idk how my sister in law does it! Lol ! She's also has 2 other kids, a boy and girl (6 & 9)

Hi, I'd like to join this thread! :hi:

A few of you ladies have brought up temping - that's the method I used when we were ttc... however, AF has not returned... can I start temping now? Or do I need to wait until AF returns to know when my cycles starts?

DH and I are happy to be ntnp, although, we do use the pull out method... Just not sure when I can expect AF to return or when I may be O'ing.

I especially worry because some nights I like to have a couple drinks (I use expressed breastmilk) and I fear I may do harm if I have no idea I am preggers! LOL

:flower:

:hi: welcome!

I was wondering the same thing too about temping because I know your not supposed to start in the middle of a cycle.
But I'm thinking of doing it anyways. I might get opks too... maybe
I have had O symptoms like crazy. If you look it my chart you can see that my body wants to O.
AND we DTD the other night when I had O signs!
Lol the night we DTD I had a couple drinks :) so i too am worried that I could be/get prego and not know it

Does your little one sleep through the night?

My DD does :) from 8pm to 8am !
I've read your cycles return or you can start to O when baby sleeps through the night
But DD has slept through the night since 3 weeks! And I've only had a light bleed almost 60 days ago!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->