Breastfeeding - For or against it?

i dont think anyone on here is against breast feeding though so i think that questions a little lost.

i would like to give breastfeeding a good go, but if it dont work out it dont work out

Same here - I really would like to, but if it doesn't work out then it doesn't.

Neecee, can you edit the title to say will you/won't you or something instead of the for and against? I guess umbridge can be taken as it is currently worded. I know you edited the blurb, but maybe the title too?

I gatecrashed and voted yes even though I'm not pregnant any more, sorry :blush: x

I'm struggling with this whole question. I really believe that breastfeeding is the most healthy option for my sprout BUT I am having difficulties reconciling using my breasts for food instead of just toys. I am going to give it my best go, but my mind still isn't fully accepting the idea. Good thing I still have 5 months to get use to the concept :)

I'm sure if I didn't feel so strongly that it's best for sprout, I wouldn't even try.

I'm struggling with this whole question. I really believe that breastfeeding is the most healthy option for my sprout BUT I am having difficulties reconciling using my breasts for food instead of just toys. I am going to give it my best go, but my mind still isn't fully accepting the idea. Good thing I still have 5 months to get use to the concept :)

I'm sure if I didn't feel so strongly that it's best for sprout, I wouldn't even try.

i'm not pregnant yet, so another gatecrasher, i will breastfeed my baby, but i too have slight issues with the idea of it. Have no probs with other people doing it but the though makes me feel a little wierd, however for bonding and the such i feel it is best, so it will be my 1st choice.

for but not sure if im going to yet! Got some thinking to do on this topic!

I have said yes!!! I will definetly try and breast feed but yet I can understand those who think they wont feel comfortable with it!! I really think expressing will be the way forward for me!! But hey I may do it and feel perfectly fine :):)

The question in your poll goes Are you for or against breatfeeding?.

Thats the context.

I chose not to breastfeed.It definitely,most certainly does not mean that I am against breastfeeding.

I have nothing against you creating this poll,but I just think you worded it wrong.
And I believe women with the same opinion as me will see it like that too.

And it has nothing to do with my political views,I don't know why you would think it does...

I agree with that...

Instead of saying are you "for or against it" you could have made a poll saying "what are you personally planning to do"... Or you could have added more options in the voting other then "yes or no"...

Because like Nikky, I have nothing against breastfeeding, I think everyone has a right to do what they feel comfortable with. There is no denying that is is good for your baby and whatever else, but it isn't the be-all-to-end-all.

I also have NEVER tried to make ANYONE here who chooses to breastfeed feel badly like you are doing to us. I think it is just wrong. I have always remained supportive of any decision regarding it.

I also have NEVER tried to make ANYONE here who chooses to breastfeed feel badly like you are doing to us. I think it is just wrong. I have always remained supportive of any decision regarding it.

Is that aimed at me personally?:huh: I'm sorry you feel that way, but you seem to have taken the topic VERY personally yourself. Either that, or you're still on the defensive from the other thread. No one is deliberately trying to make you feel bad, but if you are feeling bad about not wanting to breast feed, then I'm sorry. I'll put it down to hormones.

Calm down gals!

Quite truthfully, I took the whole point of the thread wrong too. The title wonders if one is against or for each method of feeding, while the question in the poll is which way will each of us feed our baby.

Just because one is not going to breastfeed or bottlefeed doesn't mean they are against the other option. It just is a decision that they have chosen to bring up their own baby.

Is that aimed at me personally?:huh: I'm sorry you feel that way, but you seem to have taken the topic VERY personally yourself. Either that, or you're still on the defensive from the other thread. No one is deliberately trying to make you feel bad, but if you are feeling bad about not wanting to breast feed, then I'm sorry. I'll put it down to hormones.

I love how when people are pregnant, they're not allowed to have an opinion, its always chalked up to hormones. She's allowed to take it personally, its a personal question and she's allowed to have her own opinion about how she feels its being approached.

im planning to breast feed for the first three/six months and then use a pump to express as i wean the baby onto bottle and weaning foods.
If im not able to get the baby to latch/and or have other complications then i will try breast pump and bottle feed it expressed milk along side formula.
i support either option. a woman shouldn't feel forced either way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->