Breastfeeding - For or against it?

Ive never breast fed, i was only 18 when i had my first and found the thought of it a bit to weird for me, plus i was in alot of pain from the sections, i dident want sore nips too:blush:.
I was thinking of giving it a try this time, but i thought about it again and decided that it wouldent be practical as my other kids are still young, s oit would make life somewhat more difficult.

And just so i you know, i dident find anything about the title offending, forward, but not offending.

Bloody hell what is it with people on BabyandBump lately and attitude - I'm starting to get a little pissy about it :trouble:

I've looked at all the edits too and its all totally barmy whist trying to follow the thread before and after every 4 times its been adjusted!

Some people want to
Some people don't

Some people think its should be every new Mums MUST DO (personal choice without ramming down throat jobbies should be how it is)
Some people don't agree it is & are either not for breastfeeding or are not comfortable with it.

Why do they have to bloody explain themselves - Notice how a none BF Mum never questions a BFs Mums choice even though it wasn't comfortable for her? Why? Because thats YOUR choice that was HER choice ...bloody nora!

EDIT: Theres a poll in the babies section with a perfectly healthy, none in your face, no attitude or judging sticky including poll.

I voted yes.

Why do BF'ing & FF'ing questions always end up in war...:hissy:

I am choosing to breastfeed because I believe it is best for my baby. This my personal choice. Though I'm pro breastfeeding, I don't look down on Mothers who formula feed, because I have no right to.

These are my feelings. :)

Why do you keep bolding my & I? There isn't any need to do things like this when your not attacking others and its simply 'this is what I do'...blah (like you have) :D Nobody really pays much/special attention until people make sure they are seen!

I am really looking forward to breastfeeding. I think it will be an incredible feeling to see a baby get nice and fat and be able to say that it was my milk that did it! Sort of like being proud of my prize tomatoes or something in the garden? lol!
"Look at this kid. I grew him myself!"
However, I do have part of my mind trying to prepare myself in case it doesn't work out. I don't think it comes naturally or easily to all and I think it's awful that someone would be made to feel less of a mother or woman because they had to bottle-feed or chose to bottle-feed for that matter. I think the pressure put on women over this is really crappy - right up there with weight issues and looking perpetually 21 and all the other social junk.
I do have political issues with formula companies that go into poor countries and tell women that breastfeeding is not as good for their babies.... but that's another topic.

Why do you keep bolding my & I? There isn't any need to do things like this when your not attacking others and its simply 'this is what I do'...blah (like you have) :D Nobody really pays much/special attention until people make sure they are seen!

I wanted to make clear it was my opinion :) for myself, for my family and my daughter. :)

But why? You posted it so obviously its your opinion how would anyone think different?

i breast fed my first, and i will hopefully do the same with this one, i loved the experience, but i understand that it is not for everyone, so why do something that you are not comfortable with.
All this bottle verses breast crap gets on my nerves!! who cares so long as the baby is raised with love and care and thrives.

But why? You posted it so obviously its your opinion how would anyone think different?

Because some people seem to forget that it is someone else's opinions :)

I don't think the posts where people were stating their own opinions were a problem for anyone - only where people were saying that mums who didn't try to breastfeed were selfish, or criticising people generally for deciding to bottlefeed x

every mum has the right to chose how she feeds her baby and noone should judge people for there views. everyone is different there is no right or wrong x

I think people are getting a tad self righteous. EVERYONE judges others. Everyone has their own opinion which they think is right/the best option. It's annoying when people say 'no one has the right to judge me' blah blah blah.. that may be so but it happens in life. When you have a forum like this, full of different people with one common thing (we have babys or are pregnant/ttc) then we're going to have clashes of opinions and debates. I think we all need to stop taking things quite so personally and just accept that everyone has an opinion and they have a right to voice it.

I think people are getting a tad self righteous. EVERYONE judges others. Everyone has their own opinion which they think is right/the best option. It's annoying when people say 'no one has the right to judge me' blah blah blah.. that may be so but it happens in life. When you have a forum like this, full of different people with one common thing (we have babys or are pregnant/ttc) then we're going to have clashes of opinions and debates. I think we all need to stop taking things quite so personally and just accept that everyone has an opinion and they have a right to voice it.

It may be just a forum 'like this' to you but to us we won't allow the rule of being polite to be over looked. Yes there’s debates & clashes of opinions on certain subjects but I won't have discussions like breast v bottle turn into criticism and putting those who choose to do the opposite down and NO they do not have the right to publicly criticise (sp?) pick on,talk down on & exclude those who do not breast feed - I won't allow it!

For women who breastfeed theres a dedicated section as requested why do people feel the need to come on heavy over the topic?

Mums choice it’s really as simple as that. The question of will you, won't you, do you & don't you come up but how it approached is very important.

I will take disrespect amoung my members personal as well & of course get involved when I feel the approach that has been taken u[FONT=&quot]nnecessary.
[/FONT]

It may be just a forum 'like this' to you but to us we won't allow the rule of being polite to be over looked. Yes there’s debates & clashes of opinions on certain subjects but I won't have discussions like breast v bottle turn into criticism and putting those who choose to do the opposite down and NO they do not have the right to publicly criticise (sp?) pick on,talk down on & exclude those who do not breast feed - I won't allow it!

For women who breastfeed theres a dedicated section as requested why do people feel the need to come on heavy over the topic?

Mums choice it’s really as simple as that. The question of will you, won't you, do you & don't you come up but how it approached is very important.

I will take disrespect amoung my members personal as well & of course get involved when I feel the approach that has been taken u[FONT=&quot]nnecessary.
[/FONT]

did I say that anyone has a right to 'publicly criticise (sp?) pick on,talk down on & exclude' anyone who doesn't breastfeed? No, I didn't so don't put words in my mouth, thanks.

Don't get cocky about it.

You know what you wrote & it was on THIS thread and it was a reply to THIS topic and how THIS topic was getting was NOT a given right of attack because thats where it was going so amoung that I explained what was not ok and a breif why it was not ok. So read my post again I did NOT say 'you' pick on or talk down to people or that you said that was ok in specific words I made it clear what wasn't from you replying that people had the right to voice it - what was being voiced or rather how it was being voice as explained wasn't actually ok and that is for us to decide not you.

Thank you very much!

I thought this may have been a discussion about breastfeeding in public, I don't know why:blush: Either way it is down to personal choice and what you feel comfortable with personally I am comfortable with breastfeeding in the presence of my husband but then there will be times where I will not feel comfortable enough to do it, i.e in front of DH's family etc so I will be bottle feeding with expressed milk. My sister on the otherhand will not breastfeed or express (this ended up in an argument with me and DH as he thought she was wrong for not breastfeeding) as she is not comfortable with doing so. Sorry I had to put my two penneth in

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->