Breastfeeding For The First Time

Kay_

Reaction score
Posted this in breastfeeding section but didn't get any replies so I will try again in a new section...

Hi Ladies,

I'm currently in my second trimester and have been thinking a lot about breastfeeding vs bottle-feeding..
I'm a little unsure of which to go with, I'd like to try breastfeeding but also a little worried about how it would feel...or if it will feel too weird for me... For those of you who went through breastfeeding for the first time or are currently still breastfeeding their first child, I would love to hear your thoughts on it or any suggestions/advice you have for me would be amazing!

What would you like to know hun? When I was pregnant with my first I was adamant I was not going to breastfeed nope no way I'm shy and I just didn't feel comfortable with the thought (strange ey??) as soon as my daughter was born they asked if I would like to try I immediately said OK felt I had too but she latched on perfectly and I never looked back.. I have breast fed all 2 of my children right upto the age of 2... Its not always been easy and the first few weeks maybe months are the hardest to get grips with and I can understand why a lot of people give up but honestly if you can get through that it litrally grabs you by the heart strings x

I was like pp, as a shy person I had weird feelings about it. I had a horrible labour with my daughter so was away for 2 hours in theatre after her birth, as soon as I got back I got skin to skin and she fed straight away. I managed just 5 weeks as I ended up in hospital and was advised to stop due to the medicine I needed.

My son (section) took a bit of work to get latched but I managed to feed him for 14 months. Neither felt odd, weird or anything like I thought. It was so natural and normal. OK, it takes a little while to get used to it but once you do you its lovely.

If you struggle there are lots of groups around to help, and also there is the option of pumping and bottle feeding.

Gl when the time comes x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->