Breastfeeding is hard...

vitabrevis

Reaction score
and I'm not even feeding him straight from the breast. LO has drank 10ozs in the past hour. He ate 5ozs took a 30 min break then drank another 5ozs... Not only that he has ate approx. 15ozs in the past 2 and a half hours. I can't keep up with how much he is eating. He isn't even sleeping in between feedings to give me a little break. This has been going on for the past 3 days. For some reason I can't sleep during daylight hours and OH works the overnight shift so I am basically up with him all day and night struggling to give him enough food to keep him happy.

Being a mom is hard.

:hugs: It sounds like your LO is having a growth spurt. It is really hard, but hang in there, it will pass!

I just wanted to give you a hug!!! Don't give up! It is hard! I've done periods of exclusively pumping and it is downright exhausting. Like doing triple duty because you've got to pump, feed bottles, and wash everything! Hang in there! Not sure how old your lo is but it hasn't been easy to breastfeed until just this week and my lo is 4 months. I'm so glad i stuck it out. You will be too!!! Just stay strong mama!

As Kit said sounds like bub is cluster feeding (going through a growth spurt), no fun at all. You will get through it. I had 4 months of painful feeding (2 lots of thrush and mastitis :() Bub is now 5 months and feeding is a dream, you will get there.

Sending you lots of :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"