Breastfeeding longer than 1 yr?

As soon as we introduced solids, we did BLW, we didn't hold anything back but honey really.

I breastfed till 16 months with my DD, on demand, when we were home in the mornings, afternoons, and evenings. It was fine!

Still BFing 2.5year old here. I went back to work at a year, he'd never taken a bottle (tried about 3 or 4 times then CBA!) and he simply went the whole day without BM and just fed before an after work. Worried about it beforehand but there's not much you can do!

Continuing after 12 months was easy peasy and just very natural/intuitive. Youre already doing it, and depending on LO it just gets less frequent as time goes on. It's freeing actually as you know they're not 100% dependent on any particular feed so if you want to go off for a day/weekend you can, if you want to night wean you can, even if you just want to say 'no' to a feed (eg some don't like to feed in public) you can.

BM/BF is still full of great stuff, vitamins, antibodies, comfort lol!

Highly recommend continuing past 12 months.

Im not but if I did breastfeed I wouldnt have stopped at this age and my DD is nearly 2. I think the longer the better and 6mths is too early to stop IMO.

I fed my dd until she was around 2 1/2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->