Breastfeeding mom kills baby after drinking bottle of wine

ilvmylbug

Single Mom of 2 & Proud
Reaction score
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...lls-asleep-breastfeeding-wakes-baby-dead.html

https://thestir.cafemom.com/in_the_news/122095/breastfeeding_mom_kills_baby_while

:cry:

There is some debate whether the mom is to be blamed, but I though if you are BFing, you shouldn't drink alcohol. I mean, they can drink wine or beer but pump that milk out because it would be affected by the alcohol. :shrug:

I cannot imagine waking up to that horrific scene, but I honestly cannot feel total sympathy for someone who gets drunk while BFing. She drank nearly a whole bottle of white wine on an empty stomach while BFing, says the article. This woman also has two other children, one of them being younger than the 7 month old that passed away.

RIP Naomi Rose :cry:

:nope:

That is sad all round.. But she knew she was drunk and she took that risk of taking baby into bed with her, and now she's gone. I don't know whether the article was trying to say it was alcohol that killed the baby but the impression I got was she suffocated. I'm not sure though. In any case it's another precious life lost by irresponsible actions.

R.I.P baby girl :(

Hmmm. It is very sad. But is a typical Daily FAIL article to me. They are trying to make this an "OMG mothers are killers if they touch booze" situation. Scare mongering is all this article is trying to do and it is typical Daily Fail behaviour. With a new baby it is SO easy to fall asleep when feeding them in bed. The alcohol is focussed on but this could have EASILY happened if someone was sober. Also the mother already had an interview with SS which is mentioned but not dwelled upon. The mother herself could have been neglectful and there could be other factors etc... but no, the Daily mail still focus on doing an "anti mothers that drink", "anti co-sleeping" article. They hate women and they hate mothers. Trufax!

2 things strike me from that article. Firstly, yet again, they bring SIDS into it. Sudden Infant Death Syndrome is the baby suddenly dying for NO known reason. Being suffocated by the mother OR poisoned by drinking alcohol etc is a known reason so SIDS has no place in that article really.

Also this part:
She was initially arrested on suspicion of over-lay - accidentally suffocating a child while asleep - but charges were dropped after pathologists were unable to prove Naomi's death was caused by her actions.

This might be interesting for those that co-sleep (I don't - but I do not in any way judge those that do. At all!). This does imply that, if the baby is killed by being rolled onto etc while co-sleeping, the parents can be charged. I never knew that. Does anyone know more about it?

xx

So sad, poor baby. Makes me very angry as well. People should know better than to co sleep if they are intoxicated!

Yet another shit stirring anti-BFing Daily Fail article. There were TWO yesterday and now this. Sad story but serves their purpose.

Pumping and dumping doesn't do a thing when it comes to alcohol. It's a myth. The alcohol will be out of the milk as soon as it's out of the bloodstream.

This mother should have known better. :nope: It's very sad. RIP baby girl.

Also, it's sad that they are slating cosleeping because of this woman's negligence.

^ Really? I didn't know that. So should alcohol be totally abstained while BFing? When is it safe to BF after an alcoholic drink?

I wonder if they are implying the alcohol was a factor (though, of course it was) because the mom didn't even wake up? :shrug: The husband was the one who came home and the wife was knocked out, basically. And the baby was barely alive then, because they rushed her to hospital. She also was said to have blood in her mouth, as well as the mother's breast.

poor little one, but i'm not sure how they are saying she died?? was it the mother drinking to much or wot?

What a pathetic excuse for a mother. She is supposed to protect her child. Who in the right mind gets pissed when looking after a baby? That poor baby :nope:

She has no sympathy from me, that will stay with her until the day she dies and rightly so. Harsh I know.

My friends little girl died from over laying.

She fell asleep with her on the sofa.

But to drink a bottle of wine then BF in bed is just reckless, also says SS were already involved which doesn't sound good.

V xxx

You could take breastfeeding and co sleeping right out of the equation for this one. I think the focus should be on the heavily intoxicated person who was supposed to be providing care for an infant, whether mother, father, babysitter, guardian and whether they were BF'ing, bottle feeding, co sleeping etc it is negligence!

I BF-d both my sons and will do so with #3. I also often had them in my bed. I've also fallen asleep BFing in a rocking chair from exhaustion!! BUT i would never be drunk while caring for a baby or child, that is ridiculous. If you want to get drunk hire a sitter.

I expect if she was having a visit by social services then there's more to her story than is reported. And drinking a bottle of wine in reaction to stress caused by a forthcoming SS visit isn't a normal sort of response.

How the baby was fed seems irrelevant to this story, so I've no idea why it's been reported that way.

My friends little girl died from over laying.

She fell asleep with her on the sofa.

But to drink a bottle of wine then BF in bed is just reckless, also says SS were already involved which doesn't sound good.

V xxx

so sad for your friend :hugs:

Just clicked on a link to another story in the article.

This world is horrific and sometimes so are the Mothers.

V xxx

I agree, I don't think co-sleeping and breastfeeding are factors to consider in this situation. The point is, the mom was stone-cold drunk and passed out. A whole bottle of wine and an empty stomach. She was trashed! :nope:

that poor baby
there must be more to the story than the article says

I thought it was the alcohol in the milk that killed her, not that she'd taken the baby to bed (obviously you sleep deeper after a drink).

RIP :(

Another disgustingly written article from the Mail.

The baby wasn't at risk because the mother breastfed and co-slept - the baby was at risk because the mother was pissed up. Who in their right mind would even hold their baby if they were drunk?

Another disgustingly written article from the Mail.

The baby wasn't at risk because the mother breastfed and co-slept - the baby was at risk because the mother was pissed up. Who in their right mind would even hold their baby if they were drunk?

WSS!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->