Breastfeeding mom kills baby after drinking bottle of wine

I dont feel sorry for her one little bit. Stupid woman, why would you drink when breastfeeding anyway, breast is best when pissed, I think not.
She had social services appointment coming up and was anxious..... :shrug: nope still dont feel sorry for her.

Poor child.. RIP little Naomi!

Mrs Hector, who has two other children - one born after Naomi's death - said she had not eaten all day due to anxiety over a forthcoming appointment with Social Services.

Read more: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...astfeeding-wakes-baby-dead.html#ixzz1Q5ITF6ki

Aragon- yeah I agree, from a promotional point if view, it is essential to tell people how they can BF and accomodate their lifestyles, but from a personal point of view (my own opinion) is I wouldn't like to tell anyone its ok to drink because its all very inconclusive, babies react differently to alcohol, as do moms and the way in which they process alcohol. Also, I don't particularly agree with drinking while caring for a child, so that impacts my feelings on BFing and drinking. X

I see your point. Obviously, the woman mentioned in the article didn't exercise moderation either. I'm not at all advocating that women get smashed while caring/feeding for a baby on any level. :flower:

What a horrible story :(
In terms of drinking and BFing though, I have always been advised by HVs and my GP that the general idea is once your ok to drive, your ok to feed. As has been said pumping and dumping has no effect whatsoever as BM reflects whatever is in your bloodstream at that time. I have a few drinks regularly nowadays as I work nights in a bar and often have drinks bought for me/stop for a couple staff drinks after work, I just don't feed the next morning/ afternoon. I didn't start doing this till tommy hit 12 months though as I am no longer so concerned about my supply, ATM we're just continuing until something stops us lol. Luckily we are still going strong despite our BF breaks at the weekend.
I do think it's unfair that drinking and BFing is often slated heavily as irresponsible etc when in actual fact it can be done responsibly. If I went for a drink before tommy was 1 (which was rare lol) we would feed at all the next day and I pumped to keep up my supply. It's possible to bf and not have to five everything up totally.
Just wanted to say as iv heard so many people (not on this thread, in general) say they were put off BFing as they were looking forward to a drink once bub was born x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->