Breastfeeding Mom's TTC

Wnt2beAMom

Reaction score
Any mom's currently breastfeeding starting to TTC?

This thread is to talk about how breastfeeding can affect our reproductive hormones while we TTC.

I'm currently night weaning my 2 year old son to hopefully bring back fertility. I haven't had any periods yet. Before starting to night wean he was nursing morning, nap and bedtime. I did have a positive opk on Feb 12th. Twelve days after starting to night wean. I'm not 100% sure I ovulated or if that was a long enough follicular phase....Guess we'll wait and see...

Hello :) So happy to be on threads with like minded women going through what I'm going through. I'm in the tww with you (or 1ww as my luteal phase is too short ha).

I weaned my son in hopes that the breastfeeding was what was affecting our fertility.... turns out I was wrong and now I miss it sooooo much �� I feel like such a �� mummy now xxx weaning is not always the answer. It worked for us before, but not this time xx

I weaned my son in hopes that the breastfeeding was what was affecting our fertility.... turns out I was wrong and now I miss it sooooo much �� I feel like such a �� mummy now xxx weaning is not always the answer. It worked for us before, but not this time xx

You're pregnant now though ?

What did you find helped you get pregnant?

Hello :) So happy to be on threads with like minded women going through what I'm going through. I'm in the tww with you (or 1ww as my luteal phase is too short ha).

Hello :) I hope we get :bfp: soon! :)

Jumped over here from our ntnp thread! Miraculously my DD slept from 7pm till 5:30am last night!?! Fed her and she went back to sleep. So that was a great stretch for no BF. Fx'd for a similar night tonight!! We'll see how it affects my (lack of) fertility :).

No I'm not pregnant. Ive had my baby. I don't know how to get rid of my ticker xx

You're pregnant now though ?

What did you find helped you get pregnant?

Weaning the baby off was the only way to regulate my cycles

Thanks for clarifying cinnamum :)

That's awesome Reiko!!! Yay!!

Well it was a one off. But anything is progress at this rate! Slow and steady!! Still nothing on the cm or opk front for me. One day I will have something exciting to post like you wnt2be :p.

So, here's a question. If I talk to my doctor about wanting to conceive again, she's just going to recommend weaning right? I'm kind of interested to know my prolactin levels because i could compare them to my levels previously...

Well it was a one off. But anything is progress at this rate! Slow and steady!! Still nothing on the cm or opk front for me. One day I will have something exciting to post like you wnt2be :p.

So, here's a question. If I talk to my doctor about wanting to conceive again, she's just going to recommend weaning right? I'm kind of interested to know my prolactin levels because i could compare them to my levels previously...

I thought that would happen when I spoke to my dr but surprisingly she said bf is not likely affecting my fertility (I put this down to lack of knowledge on her part, but anyway was glad she didn't tell me to wean). She ordered full blood tests though inc. prolactin, and I'm having this test tomorrow.

I think it would be interesting to find out your levels :) I've heard a lot of Drs say they won't treat infertility until you aren't nursing anymore...Which makes sense, but it's your choice to wean or not, and just night weaning is enough from my experience.

I also did read an article last week about gorging on a ton of food to make you ovulate without having to wean at all...It's just your body needs to keep its energy reserves in check and if you eat a bunch you'll have enough energy to ovulate and nurse....
I always say two steps forward, one step back. Your lg is still pretty young and you have teething to deal with. It'll take time to wean...We tried so many times and it always regressed. It still could for us when DS starts getting his 2 year molars...
He's been pretty consistent the last 3 nights. Going to bed at 8:30. First wake up at 3am, then 5am(I'll nurse at this wake up and he falls back to sleep), then up for the day at 8am.

So I've got sticky cm now and skin is a bit greasier and I'm so tired. Those seem like post ovulation signs so I still have my fingers crossed I did O. I know temping would be way better confirmation but I don't sleep well enough for that to be accurate I think.

I've had a lot of distraction the last few days and will be busy this weekend and family day on Monday. So I'm hoping it'll be test day before I know it! :)

I think I read the same article about eating heaps! But then again I read about someone on here who was on holiday and ate heaps and it made her have letdowns and made her LP shorter! So who knows. I don't think I'm having any troubles ovulating, I've had regular cycles since he was 6mo, it's just my LP is too short I think. So I'm hoping the dr will give me progesterone to lengthen it. I am lucky that the practice I go to is fairly bf friendly and happy to help, we don't have to pay for any testing/ bloods etc either because of our healthcare system (Canada's is pretty good too, right?).

We are going 10-12hrs a day without bf now, but he is making up for it at night time! The thought of night weaning is a bit overwhelming for me atm!

I think I read the same article about eating heaps! But then again I read about someone on here who was on holiday and ate heaps and it made her have letdowns and made her LP shorter! So who knows. I don't think I'm having any troubles ovulating, I've had regular cycles since he was 6mo, it's just my LP is too short I think. So I'm hoping the dr will give me progesterone to lengthen it. I am lucky that the practice I go to is fairly bf friendly and happy to help, we don't have to pay for any testing/ bloods etc either because of our healthcare system (Canada's is pretty good too, right?).

We are going 10-12hrs a day without bf now, but he is making up for it at night time! The thought of night weaning is a bit overwhelming for me atm!

Canada has great health care :) You really only have to pay for dental or vision care and usually you get benefits through work that pays 80%

I hope your blood work gives you some answers to why you have a short LP. That's so frustrating :(

So just had a bit of blood going to the bathroom just now. I'm wondering if it's implantation or if it's too much blood to be that. It's definitely not spotting. It was a good amount on the first wipe. So sorry for the tmi! I'll see how this progresses....
Also having major congestion/runny nose and very tired, as well as feeling the urge to pee more often. The tiredness could be just not going to bed when my son does. I'm loving this free time I get now that I'm not going to bed with DS lol

He slept 9pm-4am straight last night then I nursed and slept with him until 8am

That's so great your son is sleeping so well at night time! I still mainly go to sleep when DS does but sometimes I can lay him down on our bed and he'll sleep for an hr or so. It is amazing having time to yourself! I have no idea what to do with myself lol.

I really hope that is IB!! I had IB at 6dpo with DS, but it was a bit of brown discharge in my knickers. I have def heard of others having quite a bit of blood though. The congestion is a really good sign too :) I am 6dpo and having some lower back pain. FX!

I've had IB before and it was 1 Dayan of red, mostly just when I wiped, and then 2 or 3 days of brown? That was with my mc, never had it with my other pregnancies.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was IB!! So excited for you to test!!

I need to book my pap so I think I will talk to my doctor in march and see if she'll do bloods.

Fx'd for you too meg!

Oh, so sorry Reiko :( I didn't know you had miscarriages :(

I think I had a little IB with my DS too but not this much. It was a lot on the tissue yesterday but now it's pretty much gone this morning. I wore a pad to bed and it just turned it a bit pink but nothing really...
I've come down with a stomach flu last night too. I kept thinking i was imagining pregnancy symptoms because I was convinced I was having implantation. I now have a fever over 100F but feeling on the mend

I read that article too about eating lots and it didn't work for me lol! I'm not sure who long you're supposed to do it for but I did about 3 weeks of really nutrient and calorie dense foods and nada!! Maybe it wasn't long enough.

How did your test go Meg? When will you get your results?

I had the test on Saturday and will see my dr tomorrow morning! So I'll let you guys know what the results are and what she suggests :)
My skin has broken out so bad and it has coincided with reducing DS's feeds so I'm convinced it's to do with that :( it's really getting me down. So I think my hormones are really all over the place! I think I'm about 7dpo with AF due in 3 days. Interested to see what my prolactin and progesterone levels are!
Wnt2beAMom have you had anymore spotting? Sorry you've been sick!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->