Breastfeeding Mom's TTC

meg_bellamy she's an all-night nurser, usually doesn't nurse much in the day though (I work outside the home) so we'll be working on sleeping through the night for the next 10 days or so, but I expect we'll go right back to nursing after I've triggered and tested out...! She's a boobie baby for sure lol...

I was actually reading that for gonal-F some drs say you can still nurse in the evening as long as you don't for at least 6 hours after the shot, so idk, we'll see how it goes.

:( Negative on the clear blue test too. I think I'll just wait for AF now...I feel silly wasting so many tests

meg_bellamy she's an all-night nurser, usually doesn't nurse much in the day though (I work outside the home) so we'll be working on sleeping through the night for the next 10 days or so, but I expect we'll go right back to nursing after I've triggered and tested out...! She's a boobie baby for sure lol...

I was actually reading that for gonal-F some drs say you can still nurse in the evening as long as you don't for at least 6 hours after the shot, so idk, we'll see how it goes.

DS is an all night nurser too lol, 2wks ago we started dropping day feeds but he sure makes up for it at night time!

:( Negative on the clear blue test too. I think I'll just wait for AF now...I feel silly wasting so many tests
I'm so sorry hun :hugs: You are 11dpo now right? so it's still early. But either way your body has ovulated and now you can track and at least know what is going on x

I'm 13dpo now and no signs of AF coming. I don't want to waste any more tests. I don't feel pregnant either. So maybe I didn't ovulate :(
I'm so confused. I think I'll book myself a Dr appointment to check my hormone levels too...

Aw sorry wnt2b.... you must be so bummed. I think you can get a strong opk and not actually release an egg? Not sure. Dr seems like a good call, you're quite a few months PP so it would be good to know where you stand with all your hormones. I would still keep testing with ICs every couple of weeks though, you never know.

I was having a bummed out day yesterday when I really wanted to be in control of my fertility and when I get pregnant. But today I'm feeling ok that it doesn't work that way!! Enjoying making my babe happy with nursing. She's such a spunky little toddler lol and she just loves nursing. It will happen when it happens!! So feeling more optimistic today.

Thank you so much girls!!!!
I agree IC's are CRAP! I didn't get a pos with my son on an IC til 12dpo and other tests were blazing.
Reiko I am a bit concerned with getting rest with an almost-toddler, it's definitely going to be very different from last time haha. I remember saying a lot "how the heck do you do this when you have other kids?" lol
My test today is a bit darker, was hoping it would be darker but oh well. I think I was actually 9dpo yesterday and 10dpo today. I've run out of FRERs so I'll be going to the shops :)

You'll get through, before you know it you'll have 2 and it'll be old hat lol. Goes way faster the 2nd time around too! And labours are generally better too so:thumbup:

I think a blood test is a great idea to check where your hormones are at :)

Reiko I just found out two other mums in my mums group are also newly pregnant so there will be a few of us with 2 under 2, so glad I'll have support and won't feel like I'm going through it alone!

I'm starting to lose motivation on this night weaning because it obviously didn't help my fertility....I guess I want a more immediate effect! Lol I know that's silly. It will and should take longer.
DS started getting another cold last week so he wanted to nurse lots and so I let him because he would not eat food no matter how hungry he was.
I've spent the last few nights in bed with him and he's woken up 3-4 times to nurse. Which is still better than what he was doing...(every 1-2 hours and/or staying latched all night).
I guess I'm just posting to get myself motivated again now that he's feeling better.
I've also booked myself for a Dr appointment in 2 weeks and Dr wants me to get the blood work done before the appointment so we can discuss results.
I haven't noticed any fertile signs from myself lately but felt incredibly nauseous when DS picked up his nursing and googled that an increase in oxytocin can make you feel nauseous. I took a PG test anyway and it was negative. I guess it was the oxytocin...I also was incredibly dehydrated and felt better after drinking like a gallon of water one day.

Hi ladies!
I'm not ready to TTC #4 yet, but I was checking out the threads for fun and found this one!
I just wanted to give you ladies a tip, if you'd like a natural alternative to bring back fertility. I used a tea called Fertilitea that's made by Fairhaven Health to get proper cycles back postpartum. It also lengthens luteal phases! ;) Twice I conceived on that tea the first cycle of taking it, and the third time I got pregnant on the second cycle. You can buy it from a Canadian site at makeababy.ca. In the US you can buy it on fairhavenhealth.com. I'm not sure about Australian sites! Anyways, I just thought I'd share that.
Best of luck to those TTC!
And congrats to you, Meg!

I'm starting to lose motivation on this night weaning because it obviously didn't help my fertility....I guess I want a more immediate effect! Lol I know that's silly. It will and should take longer.
DS started getting another cold last week so he wanted to nurse lots and so I let him because he would not eat food no matter how hungry he was.
I've spent the last few nights in bed with him and he's woken up 3-4 times to nurse. Which is still better than what he was doing...(every 1-2 hours and/or staying latched all night).
I guess I'm just posting to get myself motivated again now that he's feeling better.
I've also booked myself for a Dr appointment in 2 weeks and Dr wants me to get the blood work done before the appointment so we can discuss results.
I haven't noticed any fertile signs from myself lately but felt incredibly nauseous when DS picked up his nursing and googled that an increase in oxytocin can make you feel nauseous. I took a PG test anyway and it was negative. I guess it was the oxytocin...I also was incredibly dehydrated and felt better after drinking like a gallon of water one day.

I remember that nursing DD2 in the early days. I literally felt like I was going to puke every time she started to nurse. Didn't last the whole session though. I'm so excited for your blood work!! I need to book my dr appt still, I need a pap too. i do wonder how long the weaning process takes to affect fertility... like 3 nights and you're going to ovulate or more like a month?? i guess it's most likely different for everyone. I've had a stretch of 2 nights in a row of sttn and that's all so far lol. Good luck to me XP

I got a higher than normal temp this morning... I was so excited lol. It's a long shot, but maybe something is happening lol!!

Hi ladies!
I'm not ready to TTC #4 yet, but I was checking out the threads for fun and found this one!
I just wanted to give you ladies a tip, if you'd like a natural alternative to bring back fertility. I used a tea called Fertilitea that's made by Fairhaven Health to get proper cycles back postpartum. It also lengthens luteal phases! ;) Twice I conceived on that tea the first cycle of taking it, and the third time I got pregnant on the second cycle. You can buy it from a Canadian site at makeababy.ca. In the US you can buy it on fairhavenhealth.com. I'm not sure about Australian sites! Anyways, I just thought I'd share that.
Best of luck to those TTC!
And congrats to you, Meg!

Thanks Tasha! I might check that out! :)

Yay Reiko! That's awesome you had some sleeping through the night! And a higher temp!

so I'm thinking I might have actually ovulated! Or at least my hormones did their thing if I didn't release an egg. I realized I got a dark opk on Thursday but not positive, but I couldn't test Friday because I'm at work all afternoon. Then Friday and Saturday I definitely had some cm, not ewcm but creamy on Friday and wet on Saturday. Saturday opk was lighter. So I wonder if I wouldn't gotten a pos opk Friday, and ovulated Saturday. 2 high temps in a row... I was usually 97.0-97.22 and my last two have been 97.52.

We had good timing if I did actually ovulate, 2 days before and day of. Anyways it's nice to see a little variation in the temps lol. I had a short LP while breastfeeding last time so I'll be prepared for AF in 6 or so days! But maybe we caught the first egg. I'm pretty realistic though so I doubt it.

I'll need to order some more opks for next month so maybe I'll get that tea from make a baby when I order!! I also love their pregnancy tests although I still have 5 of the amazon crap ones.

Oh I hope you ovulated Reiko!
I'm wondering now if maybe I did ovulate last month (the night weaning gave me a nice LH surge that's for sure!) but the egg wasn't really big enough and so the corpse luteum wasn't big enough either to give me enough progesterone and so when I had bleeding on 5dpo that was my "period".
I'm hoping my body is preparing a good egg now though.
I'm starting to get that heavy uterus feeling which could mean I'm getting close to O. I'll start taking opks again this week and BDing.

Was your temp up again Reiko?

I think I might be getting close to O'ing again. Uterus feels heavy/crampy and some ewcm today...DH is gone on a business trip until Sunday so we might miss our window...
We're starting to discuss going to Disneyland in December with family though...So we might need to hold off TTC for a few months. Maybe I'll continue to try and get my cycles back but then start trying again in the summer. I'd really like a Spring baby...
I read that you shouldn't take that fertilitea while breastfeeding...But it has green tea in it so I think I'm gonna stop drinking coffee and just have green tea from now on. Im not dependent on coffee. I don't really even like it. I used to only drink tea but maybe I thought drinking coffee would make me fit in with other moms more lol. I only started drinking it after DS was born.
Anyways, I guess I'll just wait and see when my cycles return...And decide on when to TTC then...

Ahh yes on their site they say not to drink fertilizea while nursing. Too bad.

That's funny about Disneyland because I was saying if we don't get pregnant soon we should take a trip to Disney in November!! Our littlest will be 23 months and the girls would just have so much fun.

I have had 3 higher temps in a row. But I was looking back at my pregnancy chart with DD2 and my temperature shift was 1.2 degrees... this one is like .4? So I doubt it's anything but maybe my progesterone is kickstarting?? We are also teething again so that means LOTS of nursing!! And I agree a spring baby would be nice!

Being in the no AF limbo not being able to ttc is hard!!

I'm not temping now but with my son I came off BCP and my temp had a slight shift 2 weeks before I ovulated...I had a long first cycle off the pills.

I'm not temping now but with my son I came off BCP and my temp had a slight shift 2 weeks before I ovulated...I had a long first cycle off the pills.

That's super interesting!! I'll keep that in mind. I'm a bit bummed at the comparison because it was so exciting to seethe shift and ff even gave me crosshairs! Lower temp this morning but still above coverline. But it's all good. I'm sure things will start up in the next few months. After the teeth come in I think I'm going to try and limit nursing again a little bit. My LO seems like such a big girl now and is eating a lot better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->