Breastfeeding Mom's TTC

I'm officially ready to jump full into ttc mode, my periods have been regulating a little more I want to start temping again and using opk's to pinpoint ovulation. cd1 for me, woohoo

Yay for CD1 on TTC!! Good luck! Fingers Crossed.

OMG Reiko! Congrats!!!

Thanks Wnt2be!! 2nd cycle got the eggy :D So excited!! And you're in 2nd tri!! How fantastic!

GL Momtastic!!

Reiko,

Did you get your BFP doing SMEP? I'm thinking of trying it this cycle

Reiko,

Did you get your BFP doing SMEP? I'm thinking of trying it this cycle

We did. We got 3 days in a row and the day after O so it was fantastic timing. I also took evening primrose oil for the first half of my cycle and it brought my O up 8 days so I didn't O late, that and our bd timing is what I'm crediting!

Hi there! I hate to barge in, as I'm not exactly trying to conceive... But I am breastfeeding and I was hoping someone who has conceived while nursing could help me.

My daughter is almost 11 months old. She eats some solids, but still mostly breastfeed for nourishment (including throughout the night). I'm also pumping whatever I can to help supplement a friend's younger baby, as well as nursing that baby once or twice every few days when we deliver the milk. I have not gotten my first postpartum cycle yet... So I assume all these factors combined make it pretty unlikely that I would become pregnant. Especially since it took a year of carefully timed sex to conceive our last baby, meanwhile we are only having sex once in a blue moon these days. Lol.

However, I've noticed that over the past couple of days my supply has increased quite a bit. There for a little while it was getting harder and harder to pump extra milk for my friend. But suddenly I'm getting at least 10 ounces a day (on top of my own baby nursing as usual). It's been almost 2 weeks since we last had sex. I guess I'm just wondering if this was a very early pregnancy symptom for anyone? I don't want to alarm anyone by purchasing a pregnancy test if there is nothing to worry about. LOL

Hi there! I hate to barge in, as I'm not exactly trying to conceive... But I am breastfeeding and I was hoping someone who has conceived while nursing could help me.

My daughter is almost 11 months old. She eats some solids, but still mostly breastfeed for nourishment (including throughout the night). I'm also pumping whatever I can to help supplement a friend's younger baby, as well as nursing that baby once or twice every few days when we deliver the milk. I have not gotten my first postpartum cycle yet... So I assume all these factors combined make it pretty unlikely that I would become pregnant. Especially since it took a year of carefully timed sex to conceive our last baby, meanwhile we are only having sex once in a blue moon these days. Lol.

However, I've noticed that over the past couple of days my supply has increased quite a bit. There for a little while it was getting harder and harder to pump extra milk for my friend. But suddenly I'm getting at least 10 ounces a day (on top of my own baby nursing as usual). It's been almost 2 weeks since we last had sex. I guess I'm just wondering if this was a very early pregnancy symptom for anyone? I don't want to alarm anyone by purchasing a pregnancy test if there is nothing to worry about. LOL

Hi Isme, I did not conceive while bf this time around, but have previously. I found my supply dipped and did not increase, and I believe that's what is normal. If you're not using any protection and do not have your pp cycles back yet I would suggest buying some internet cheapie tests and testing monthly for peace of mind.

Hi Lsme,
I conceived while nursing my 2 year old but we had to night wean for my supply to drop enough that my periods could return that way.
I found my supply would dip even more during ovulation and then when I found out I was pregnant.
When my son was younger I noticed my supply would increase after 3 or so days after my son had had a big nursing day (like if he was sick or something). Just a feedback loop I guess.
I did find some dollarstore tests or internet cheapies helpful to test monthly "just in case" since my husband and I didn't really use protection. Just pull out usually.
Goodluck

Thanks guys! I did have a few on hand to test periodically (terrified to end up in an episode of "I didn't know I was pregnant", lol) but I've used them all up over time. Now that my daughter is getting closer to a year old, I didn't want to buy a handful and have anyone thinking I was trying to get pregnant again. (DH, oldest nosey daughter, store clerks... Lmao.) I think I will buy some cheapies online just to be safe, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->