Breastfeeding my 3 month old and I feel like I'm pregnant again

MamaWorld

Reaction score
My LO was born 9-6-13 and is exclusively breastfed, my period has not yet returned. My boyfriend and I have been using withdrawal method and well, he's not that great at it anymore. I'm pretty sure he pulled out late around the same time I noticed ewcm. Being completely stupid I didn't think anything of it or try to keep track of dates because we're not trying and I assumed I wouldn't be fertile until LO was about a year. It took us months trying to conceive LO because I was breastfeeding my older son and my period didn't come back until a week before his first birthday. So any ways, now I'm having different symptoms and wondering if I'm pregnant again. Symptoms started a couple weeks ago with itching (I thought for sure I had a bacterial or yeast infection but all tests came back negative). My dizziness and migraines have returned. Been nauseas all day for the past 3 days. And to top it off LO is suddenly acting weird and fussy about nursing. My milk smells stronger to me too. I took a test last night(stupid taking it at night, I know) and it was negative. I'm not sure if I'm just going crazy or what. So I guess I was just wondering if anyone is going through or has already gone through this too? Also been having cramping for a few days and very tired yesterday and today.

Well, nobody has responded to this yet but I'm going to continue to post symptoms daily just as a journal.
Woke up with a bad/metallic taste in my mouth, achy body, still cramping, extremely tired today. I could smell toothpaste before I even opened the tube! LO is nursing better today but still gets a weird look on his face when he first starts nursing. :shrug:

Hi! Not really sure what to tell you but I am in the same boat. My little one was born 9-12-13 and I'm wondering if I am pregnant again. I breastfed and am having a lot of symptoms that could mean pregnancy. I guess it could mean my cycle is returning too (haven't had a period yet) but we all know how similar they can be. It was one year ago tomorrow that I got my bfp the first time. I'm too scared to take a test! In a way I would love it, but in a way, I would hate it.

What's happened with you in the past few days since your last post?

I just wanted to chime in... take this for what it's worth. I thought i was pregnant again too at 3 months postpartum. It turned out it was just some hormonal changes. My period showed up about 2 weeks later. I really thought I was pregnant. To the point i saw a Dr. I've heard a lot of women experience this that aren't really pregnant. I hope you both get the results you're hoping for :) please update :)

Sorry I haven't updated, I didn't think anyone was following my post. I've still been extremely tired and nauseas on and off. Also still have migraines and achy body. I took another test yesterday morning and it was negative. Then a couple hours later I started having light bleeding, but I haven't had any bleeding since. It was only noticeable once when I went to the bathroom. I'm gonna assume that it's my body just getting back in cycles.

That is exactly what happened to me! I had very very light spotting. I wasted time and money going to the Dr and ended up on normal cycles about 2 weeks later. I'm sorry you're still feeling yucky though. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->