Breastfeeding & other people's children

Perplexed

Mommy of 2
Reaction score
Found this cute/funny and thought id share.

On two separate occasions that I was BF'ing my LO at family gatherings there had been recently weaned toddlers present.

The first time I was using a cover. I noticed the little boy standing right in front of us staring hard. He was fully weaned maybe a week or so earlier. It felt like he wanted to see what was going on under the cover.

The other time was a different little boy. He was weaned 6+ months ago. I wasn't using a cover because baby gets very fussy with covers when she's hot and/or sleepy. His mom was carrying him giving him a cuddle and he suddenly puts his hand under her shirt and asked something like is this for babies? She herself found it funny/cute.

What similar incidents happened to you ladies? How do you react?

My twin sister had to (very reluctantly) wean her dd because her son wasn't getting enough (she was tandem feeding) and 2 years later when I visited with my dd for a week she kept asking if she could bf from me and then wanted to from her mom too even though she was 4 and hadn't had any bf for 2 years! My sister told her that next time she had a baby she would share, lol. :)

My twin sister had to (very reluctantly) wean her dd because her son wasn't getting enough (she was tandem feeding) and 2 years later when I visited with my dd for a week she kept asking if she could bf from me and then wanted to from her mom too even though she was 4 and hadn't had any bf for 2 years! My sister told her that next time she had a baby she would share, lol. :)

Aww that's so adorable!

My nephew doesn't remember his sister being breastfed so I was the first one he remembers seeing (he's 7). When he first met my lo he was asking all sorts of questions including where his bottles were I said he doesn't have any, he asked well how does he have milk? He then got distracted, turned round to see me latching on and shouted "the baby's biting your booby!" Lol! He's now obsessed, every time I see him he asks if I'm going to feed the baby from my booby and then comes and sits next to me to watch :)

My nephew doesn't remember his sister being breastfed so I was the first one he remembers seeing (he's 7). When he first met my lo he was asking all sorts of questions including where his bottles were I said he doesn't have any, he asked well how does he have milk? He then got distracted, turned round to see me latching on and shouted "the baby's biting your booby!" Lol! He's now obsessed, every time I see him he asks if I'm going to feed the baby from my booby and then comes and sits next to me to watch :)

I think it's great that he became curious and asked questions! It's cute.

As a child I vaguely remember a sibling being bf but not sure if I ever asked what that was lol!

My 17 month old was weaned at about 10 months. As soon as i finish feeding my 6 week old, she comes and nuzzles up to my boobs for a cuddle. Xx

My nephew, who is 5, saw me feeding my son under a cover. He asked me what I was doing under there? So I told him when mummies have babies, we feed them with milk that comes out of our breasts.

He says, 'Ah... boobs are squishy!' And runs away lok

A friend's son, who was about 8 at the time, saw my BFing and declared 'I thought that was a myth!' He was really interested and kept watching what we were doing. I'd rather answer questions than have a child removed or shushed by the parents - curiosity is a wonderful learning tool! :)

When I first had my lo, my cousins lo who was 14 months had been weaned for 3/4 months. When he saw me bf he tried to feed from his mum.

My 17 month old was weaned at about 10 months. As soon as i finish feeding my 6 week old, she comes and nuzzles up to my boobs for a cuddle. Xx

Aww it's lovely that it can still be a comfort to our LOs even after being weaned off the boob.

My nephew, who is 5, saw me feeding my son under a cover. He asked me what I was doing under there? So I told him when mummies have babies, we feed them with milk that comes out of our breasts.

He says, 'Ah... boobs are squishy!' And runs away lok

Lol! Cute!

A friend's son, who was about 8 at the time, saw my BFing and declared 'I thought that was a myth!' He was really interested and kept watching what we were doing. I'd rather answer questions than have a child removed or shushed by the parents - curiosity is a wonderful learning tool! :)

Lol! BF'ing, a myth! So cute.

I completely agree. I would also rather answer questions.

My 2 year old niece loves watching me feed - she's very intrigued by it all! She's now fascinated by her mums boobs and has asked her mummy 'let cheebie (her teddy) eat your booby like baby Imogen does'. My sister is now expecting her second so hope it will help her in those first few weeks that her DD is completely used to the sight of BFing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->