Breastfeeding Photo's

Great pics!! Tasha- yours cracked me up- tongue hanging out like "I just can't give it up mommy!"

:rofl:

I have a curiousity question for you all...you know I am psycho about pro-bfing. I never thought of taking pics though. I think I will with this one, but there is a little part of me that wonders if it would feel weird in the future to have my teenage son see pictures of himself nursing. I obviously believe bfing is very natural and it doesn't bother me to think of myself nursing when I was a baby...so it kind of surprised me when I cringed a little about having my children see pictures of themselves nursing. I assume you all plan to have your children see these pics when they grow up (especially since they are all so wonderful!!!)

it just might make her feel uncomfortable... if she asks to see them (like maybe when she has children if she breastfeeds) then of course ill show them to her... but for now they are for my eyes only :)

it just might make her feel uncomfortable... if she asks to see them (like maybe when she has children if she breastfeeds) then of course ill show them to her... but for now they are for my eyes only :)

You know, I think that is part of it for me. I would really treasure those pictures, remembering with fondness how wonderful that bond it. I think I'd be partly afraid to share them and have them make some kind of comments like "ewww...gross" which would just ruin it for me. I don't want anyone ruining my precious memory!

You know, I think that is part of it for me. I would really treasure those pictures, remembering with fondness how wonderful that bond it. I think I'd be partly afraid to share them and have them make some kind of comments like "ewww...gross" which would just ruin it for me. I don't want anyone ruining my precious memory!

If you believe that will be their comment then they are too young/immature to be seeing the pics. My kids grow up seeing the pictures so they KNOW that breastfeeding is a natural and lovely thing. I want to encourage both my girls to feel natural with BF against the norm of our culture to bottle-feed.

And I want my kids to see how wonderfully content and happy and lovign they were with mommy when they were that small. So many photos show mom/dad posing with kiddos and very few in an interactive, precious and emotional moments like breastfeeding, or sleeping on daddy, etc.

Maybe if you choose to not show them while their growing up, it might be a sweet thing when they have kids of their own.

:hug:

omg it calm my acute fear of breastfeeding after bubs is born. beautiful pics.

Finally got a few when he was a bit sleepier and not trying to grab the camera! Tried to take them from the side so he wouldn't notice but he was still watching me :laugh2:

https://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk217/lynnmarkandsam/IMG_5253bw2.jpg

https://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk217/lynnmarkandsam/IMG_5255bw2.jpg

https://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk217/lynnmarkandsam/IMG_5259bw.jpg

If you believe that will be their comment then they are too young/immature to be seeing the pics. My kids grow up seeing the pictures so they KNOW that breastfeeding is a natural and lovely thing. I want to encourage both my girls to feel natural with BF against the norm of our culture to bottle-feed.

And I want my kids to see how wonderfully content and happy and lovign they were with mommy when they were that small. So many photos show mom/dad posing with kiddos and very few in an interactive, precious and emotional moments like breastfeeding, or sleeping on daddy, etc.

Maybe if you choose to not show them while their growing up, it might be a sweet thing when they have kids of their own.

Good point Marg...maybe if they grow up seeing them it will not be a big deal. Seeing as they will be exposed to so much negative attitude about bfing in the public, it would be nice to counteract that if possible. Hmmm..interesting food for thought:o

Sam's Mum- LOVE those pics...especially the fact he is looking at you:happydance:

Sam's Mum- LOVE those pics...especially the fact he is looking at you:happydance:

Thank you! He gets far too distracted by the camera!! Took me all day just to get a few as he's so playful now - loves grabbing my face while he's feeding :laugh2:

I have a curiousity question for you all...you know I am psycho about pro-bfing. I never thought of taking pics though. I think I will with this one, but there is a little part of me that wonders if it would feel weird in the future to have my teenage son see pictures of himself nursing. I obviously believe bfing is very natural and it doesn't bother me to think of myself nursing when I was a baby...so it kind of surprised me when I cringed a little about having my children see pictures of themselves nursing. I assume you all plan to have your children see these pics when they grow up (especially since they are all so wonderful!!!)

They're more for me than anyone else - My treasured memories.... breastfeeding Anna is a special something that once she is weaned I will never get to experience again - these pics will remind me what it was like, though, and help me to treasure the memory. I plan to put one bfing photo in Anna's scrap book - the one where she was in SCBU as it was such a wonderful achievement - a kind of milestone. Her scrap book is mostly for me, too - but I've no doubt Anna will enjoy looking through it as well at some point in her future :)

And I want my kids to see how wonderfully content and happy and lovign they were with mommy when they were that small.
So many photos show mom/dad posing with kiddos and very few in an interactive, precious and emotional moments like breastfeeding, or sleeping on daddy, etc.

I absolutely agree on this point: Anna will grow up knowing that breastfeeding is normal and natural, and seeing her siblings (hopefully one day!) being breastfed, too - just like I was! And she will certainly be told how strong and healthy being breastfed made her, when all the odds went against her at birth... The power of breastfeeding is truly magical :cloud9:

[edit: on this topic, most of my close friends have come from breastfeeding families and grown up with people bfing around them so are completely unphased when I feed Anna or my mother feeds Lily... I was shocked when DH and I went to stay at my MIL's (who bottle fed all of her kids, and who's daughter bottlefed her son...) and all of MrBum's sibblings and his mother seemed totally taken aback by my feeding Anna - at first they were even unable to look at me or talk to me - first few times they all kept leaving the room when I fed her! It's amazing how much your upbringing influences your approach to breastfeeding mothers and bfing in general.]

i disagree strongly with your comments. i have no control over what my childrens reactions would be upon seeing photos of me breastfeeding, even if i explain breastfeeding they may still find it 'gross' as they will have their own opinions and thoughts.

Regardless of whether we choose to show our kids or not...I think they are awesome pics..I hope they make the thread a sticky:happydance:

Tasha- I have the same experience. NO ONE in my hubby's family bf's and to the bitter end his father would leave the room when I fed my son and his mom would obviously look the other way- they were SO uncomfortable. And then there's my family- so open about it everyone and their brother seemed perfectly comfortable grabbing my boob and helping him latch on in those first few days where we were still learning. It was the source of one fight between hubby and I- we (hubby and his parents) were out at a restaurant when my son was only 6 days old (i.e. we were still trying to figure out the whole bfing thing), and I hiked up my shirt and started to feed him. My hubby, all embarassed like, quickly grabs for a blanket and throws it over my shoulder/son. I knew he thought he was helping, but boy did I get pissed. I said something like "Like I don't have enough troubles just managing to hold him and get him latched on and now you want me to worry about keeping a blanket over the both us just because YOUR parents are uncomfortable!!!" I admit, I became obnoxious about it- I'd purposely plop down right in front of them and start nursing, figuring if they didn't like it, THEY could leave:rofl: But it is very interesting from a social perspective- his mom did not bf and neither did his sister or sil. My mom did bf, and so did me and my sis. I think that definetly plays a role.

Wow ladies!! What beautiful pictures. I only have one of Dylan feeding and it really makes me laugh... He is very protective of my boobs and even went nuts when, at my 6-week check, the Dr gave them the once over. This photo kind-of sums up his attitude - he's a very cheeky chappie!

Attachments

• rude1.jpg
    rude1.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 253
Wow ladies!! What beautiful pictures. I only have one of Dylan feeding and it really makes me laugh... He is very protective of my boobs and even went nuts when, at my 6-week check, the Dr gave them the once over. This photo kind-of sums up his attitude - he's a very cheeky chappie!

:rofl:

Lovely photos girls :) I would take some but I can barely get photos of my face taken let alone anywhere else.

xxx

:rofl: That is so cute Jenny! :laugh2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->