Breastfeeding support careers

angelandbump

Working Mum :o)
Reaction score
Hi ladies,
I'm wondering if anyone is or is aware or any careers to do with breastfeeding. I'm so passionate about breastfeeding and have gained experience with both children. I am an administrator for the local government authority but I really would like to change.

I have been asked by a coordinator at our local breastfeeding cafe to do the NCT peer support training course which I will do first.

I am an administrator and have no background in health and so far I have just found information on becoming a lactation consultant which requires a medical background.

Does anyone know anything else?

Xx

Hi,

No advice to give- sorry! - but I'm looking into the same thing. I've been looking at the NCT courses, haven't really found much else, seems to be a long process though.

I'm very passionate too and would love to be able to help some other mums with their breast feeding journey.

Good luck :thumbup:

I've decided to look down nursing for the moment and then possibly into either midwifery or health visitor. I spoke to a lady at NCT and she said there are breastfeeding support worker jobs on the NHS but the wage is very low and the hours are not great either.

I hope you find something xx

Thanks.

I've seen somewhere else that Surestart centres sometimes do courses and may be able to help you find work. I use my local centre regularly so will ask there I think. Midwife & health visitor both work out of there weekly too so they may be able to offer me some advice.

Hours aren't too much of a problem for me as my husband is self employed and has a little flexibility with his working day and I have lots of family help nearby. To be honest money isn't a big deal either as I shouldn't have to pay for childcare and anything is better than nothing!

Good luck with whatever you decide to do!

Same to you sarahp13. I will also ask at my Surestart centre, thanks for that idea x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->