Breastfeeding through pregnancy and tandem nursing?

too_scared

Finn's mommy <3
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone can share their experience with this? I think that I may have gotten my bfp today. I am so nervous about my milk drying up (especially since the kiddo still isn't eating much solids) and I am so sad to think that he may wean himself. I am not ready to stop our bf'ing relationship. I love the closeness that we have because of it.

Did you lose your milk? How far into your next pregnancy did that happen? Did your child self wean even if you didn't lose your milk? Did your child continue to comfort nurse even if you lost your milk? If your child did self wean did they start up again when the new baby was born? How does it work with cluster feeding and tandem nursing?

Sorry for all the questions. I am super excited to have my (hopefully) bfp, I am just nervous about what is going to happen now with bf'ing my son.

Thanks!

No experience with this but just wanted to say congratulations!

Thank you. :) I know a few months ago I was really on the fence about a second kiddo but one day something just clicked. I really hope it wasn't an evap and I really hope it's a nice and sticky one!

Can I ask when AF came back for you?

It came back when my kiddo was 8 months. The day before he turned 8 months actually. I've had 3 cycles since, but they've been long. Progressively shorter, though.

I'm so nervous about bf'ing effecting this pregnancy. :( i'm hoping it sticks good.

Bring won't affect your pregnancy at all so don't worry about that. Lucky you with your cycles coming back so early I always have to wean before they show.

Thank you :)

I was reading about progesterone being lower so it might not sustain the pregnancy. I'm very nervous of mc, but I guess everyone who's PAL is.

I was really disappointed when af showed up so early. I was hoping it would stay away for a long time. But it was a blessing in disguise because around the kiddo's first birthday I decided he really needs a sibling. Haha!

I was at a lll conference and Dr jack Newman said it was safe unless you have some medical condition. But I completely understand being nervous after a loss. I have had 2 mcs and now first tri is so scary.

Thank you much. :hugs:

I had two mc too. Sorry for your losses.

I just asked on another site for you and the women said you are safe. One lady said she has a history of mc and has bf through her whole pregnancy and is now term + 2

There's just been a post under the breastfeeding forum that someone who was nursing their 2.5 year old only once a day just had a miscarriage.

I had no idea before just now that nursing affected pregnancies. I guess it does.

My daughter weaned when she was your son's age. I still feel close to her. She outgrew it and we bond in other ways now.

Best of luck

Thanks.

Not really the news I was hoping for but I guess it's better to be informed.

I think I'm about 5 weeks today and I had a frer left so I decided to do it this evening. The test line is much darker than the control line. I'm going to be positive and say this is our Christmas present this year :)

I honestly don't think you can say that that lady's miscarriage (or any other miscarriage for that matter) was caused by breastfeeding. Not simply going on the fact that she was bfing and pregnant at the same time.

Congrats. I have breastfeed through pregnancy twice. And last time I tandem feed through pregnancy. My oldest self weaned though as it was so sore on my nipples and he didnt want to hurt me any more. 4 years he went for. Then I pumped for him for a bit and after preg pumped some more. My milk never dried up any of the time but as i said sore nips where hell. Near the end I noticed the milk change. I think it tasted different last time at the end as my 3 year old wasnt like it but he loves boob so didnt turn him off. I also went over due by near 2 weeks each time in all of my pregnancies and had no false labors.

Thank you very much!

So far my milk doesn't seem to be affected but I'm only about 5 weeks. For a while there I was worried but I think it came back up after the kiddo nursed a lot. He still nurses every 3 hours or so in the day, sometimes more, and every 1-3 hours overnight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->