Breastfeeding through pregnancy and tandem nursing?

Ahhh!! I came on here to ask a question - recognised your screen name! Congrats!! I am so excited for you :)

Thank you! I'm so excited. :) Don't know when we'll announce on FB. With Finn it wasn't until I was almost 25 weeks.

I believe you're 18 weeks already! How are you feeling? Almost half way there! Wow :happydance:

I've heard of many people a BFing their first while pregnant with their second and they were fine, I'm sure you will be too.

Thanks for this thread. I am thinking about starting to TTC #2 soonish (though it may not happen until the Fall). I was planning on continuing to nurse my DD as well, (I'm hoping until she's 2 but am also considering self weaning).

Thank you :)

Good luck ttc :) We caught the eggie first month trying. I was really worried we wouldn't get a bfp so soon because af was still so irregular. I hope you catch the eggie really fast!

Thanks, I hope so too. Still no AF here but one of my friends got her BFP before AF ever came back, hoping I experience the same thing :thumbup:

Thanks again and congrats to you as well! Hope you have a H & H 9 months!

I believe you're 18 weeks already! How are you feeling? Almost half way there! Wow :happydance:

Don't worry I'll keep it quiet :) I'm delighted for you, sendin lots of sticky vibes! My announcement wasn't planned, I've been so nervous since day one, still don't quite believe it - I thought if I don't tell people I never will lol. I'm feeling ok, time is flying, I've had a few problems with bleeding etc so I'm taking it a day at a time!

Oh no :hugs: No good to have stress like that. Being pregnant is just one worry after another. Are you planning to find out pink or blue? I hope you have no more reasons to worry the rest of the pregnancy.

I think we may tell family on mothers day. That's May 11 here, when I should be about 8 weeks.

I'm waiting for an appt for an early scan since my af was still irregular from bf. I hope I get it before mother's day. My sister and her family are coming to visit and are showing up that day too. How great! Finn and Norah haven't seen each other since they were 5 and 8 months. This time they're going to be 14 and 17 months. :happydance:

Oh no :hugs: No good to have stress like that. Being pregnant is just one worry after another. Are you planning to find out pink or blue? I hope you have no more reasons to worry the rest of the pregnancy.

I think we may tell family on mothers day. That's May 11 here, when I should be about 8 weeks.

I'm waiting for an appt for an early scan since my af was still irregular from bf. I hope I get it before mother's day. My sister and her family are coming to visit and are showing up that day too. How great! Finn and Norah haven't seen each other since they were 5 and 8 months. This time they're going to be 14 and 17 months. :happydance:

Thank you :) I know, just one worry after another. I feel very very blessed to be pregnant again, but I'm really not enjoying the worry! Seems to be worse this time around.
Aw how exciting! You should see a lovely little baby shaped blob :) I look forward to hearing all is well. It'll be great to share your news, I bet you can't wait!
Yey for visitors :) It's probably a good thing you'll be so busy in the early stages, it'll go so quick!

Thank you. I can't believe I'm 6 weeks already. Tbh, I can't believe I'm pregnant at all! :wacko: haha!

I hope the rest of our pregnancies just fly by!

Thank you. I can't believe I'm 6 weeks already. Tbh, I can't believe I'm pregnant at all! :wacko: haha!

I hope the rest of our pregnancies just fly by!

It'll go so fast with a 1 year old running around! When you said I was nearly half way through I had to double check! Haha!
Congrats again :)

I think do too :)

Thank you again! Congrats again to you too :)

I'm 37 weeks pregnant and my 3 year old is still breastfeeding .
My milk dried up for about 2 months around 15 weeks, and my DD night weaned during that time.
And she also didn't nurse as much anymore , just continued to comfort nurse.
Then my colostrum came in around 25 weeks and DD has been breastfeeding a lot again ever since.
Yes my nipples hurt but it's on and off. Some days hurt more than others.
She's going to be so excited once my milk comes in.
I've already prepared myself mentally to have 2 on the boob constantly for the first few weeks ! :)
It'll help them bond and will help my DD feel close to me in a time full of adjustment for her so it's fine with me.

Thank you :) That gives me hope. I love that bf'ing can help the older child transition.

Bf'ing right now is quite painful for me but I hope to continue. I don't plan to do much but grit my teeth and bear it. I feel like I can really notice a difference in supply on days where I don't drink enough water. I try so hard but I've been feeling so nauseous that it's hard sometimes. I've been thinking about getting some ice to suck on. I feel like that week help. Easier to chew on an ice cube than to sip water, I think.

Anyone have any tips for all day sickness? :wacko: Feeling quite blah lately. :sick: It's actually 3:50 am now and I'm up eating cereal because if I don't eat it's worse. Time to go back to sleep now :coffee:

I had bad all day sickness from 6-13 weeks this time .
It sucked!!!
What helped me was eating constantly , if my stomach got a tiny bit hungry I'd get sick so i had to eat eat eat even though I had aversions to most foods.
It was difficult to deal with , especially having to take care of a toddler as well.
I hate that part of pregnancy, way worse than even the last weeks of pregnancy!!

I'm trying to snack constantly. Today I figured out that lemonade seems to be helping. Hopefully it'll continue to help. Constantly feeling sick is no fun, I agree.

Yes lemon might help, and ginger.
Maybe try sipping on ginger ale or 7up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back