Breastfeeding through pregnancy and tandem nursing?

Congratulations :)

I breastfed through 2 pregnancies. The first one didn't have any impact on breastfeeding my eldest-he continued to feed 2-3 times a day. That baby was stillborn, and my milk coming in after the birth certainly met with my toddler's approval-he upped his feeds to every couple of hours and kept chasing me asking for 'miiiilk!'

I was pregnant again 4 months later, and DS1 weaned when I was about 33 weeks, although I think it was more to do with him than the pregnancy, as his latch got really sloppy and then one night he just declared he didn't want milk that night, and he hasn't wanted it since. I never set out to tandem feed, and not doing so hasn't made things hard, if that makes sense. If ds1 was younger, I might have pushed him to continue, however I was quite happy for him to wean at 3.

My nipples were sore both times, but nothing I coukdnt tolerate. Although if the feeds were more frequent I think I'd have struggled a bit.

We conceived both times on the first cycle, and breastfeeding didn't affect either pregnancy negatively.

Thank you for sharing your experience. I'm so sorry for your loss.

So far it seems to be going well. It's painful, but like you said, tolerable.

Finn still nurses a lot. Every 3-4 hours in the day, more sometimes, and every 1-3 hours overnight. Stinker! I'm trying to get him to eat more solids but he prefers milk.

I'm glad things are going well for you. :hugs: The soreness was off and on for me, pretty much went away completely at 18 weeks only to be replaced by aversion. I've been pretty sore the last few days but I think it's partially due to a sloppy latch and my hormones may be going a bit crazy with labor impending.

My kiddo barely ate solids at all before I got pregnant and it was one of my biggest worries. He was a chunker on just breast milk! Although he's thinned out a good amount, he did increase his solid intake a lot when my supply started dropping. He went from barely eating one tiny meal a day and nursing every 2-3 hours to eating 6+ times a day and only nursing 2 times a day.

I night weaned around 20 weeks as well to save my sanity. It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. We bedshare and I would just turn around and let my husband soothe him. After a few days he didn't expect to be nursed at night anymore and slept through which has been glorious! I still get loads of cuddles and I nurse him to sleep.

Thank you! Your experience gives me hope! I am really worried about the amount of solids Finn is eating and he has really thinned out lately. I put it down to moving more before I got pregnant bit of course now I'm worried I'm starving him. Haha! He was a complete chub in breast milk. So chubby we couldn't see his neck for months. Haha!

Thank you :flow:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->