Breastfeeding when overweight

sproutly2003

Reaction score
I'm planning on breastfeeding but am wondering how I'll get on. My boobs are far from pert, and I have a roll of flab under my boobs. I'm worried I'll struggle to breastfeed

I'm overweight and have had no problem breastfeeding. Still going and he is 9 month old.

It won't affect anything don't worry. And most women have a big tummy still for a few weeks or months anyway. Good news is breastfeeding uses a lot of calories :) it also makes you very hungry so stock up on healthy snacks.

Breasfeeding isn't just done in one position either - for example if lying down on your side the pertness of your breasts wont be a factor!

As long as LO can get to enough nipple, it'll be fine.

I was obese when I started bf and I've had no issues. Good luck x

I'm big and breastfeed with no real issues, I do feel uncomfortable about my stomach in public in case anyone sees it as I'm manoeuvring clothing! x

I'm a overweight. Well honestly obese. But regardless I've been using the my brestfriend plus nursing pillow and love it. I couldn't do cross cradle without it I don't think because of my less than perky gals.

I had no issues and my boobs hit the floor! :lol:

No issues I just wear a black vest top under my clothes to hide my stomach. Also I used to hold my breasts up for LO in the beginning with the palm of my hand above the milk ducts. A lactation consultant showed me how. No need now LO is a pro.

No issues I just wear a black vest top under my clothes to hide my stomach. Also I used to hold my breasts up for LO in the beginning with the palm of my hand above the milk ducts. A lactation consultant showed me how. No need now LO is a pro.

I have to hold my boob each time because otherwise my baby can't get to my nipple, that's my only issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->