Breastfeeding While Pregnant

armywife11

Mom to Two
Reaction score
I have heard your supply can drop, wondering if anyone has experience with this. If so when did it dip and did your child react in a way to clue you in.

I fell pregnant at 4 months pp. my son was so fussy at the boob immediately. My supply dropped consistently until I had nothing at 5 months pp. I had to add in half a bottle of formula or frozen milk starting almost immediately and it went up from there.

I became pregnant when my second youngest was about 20 months, supply didn't drop until about 17 weeks when it seemed to disappear overnight and even then he was happy to 'dry nurse' until the new baby was born. He quit nursing of his own accord when my youngest now 6 months, was 5 months so only a month and a bit ago xx

Some people don't lose supply. My sister got pregnant when dd was a few months old and nursed the whole pregnancy and then tandem nursed.

I think my supply dropped a few weeks ago, but dd seems fine to be fine. My boobs don't feel full and I don't squirt it out anymore but dd still nurses all the time.

Just out of curiosity I asked her if she was getting any milk the other day and she said "yes" and then she said it tasted like bananas. So maybe my colostrum is coming already? Or maybe my milk has always tasted like bananas, lol. :)

I am keeping an eye on her but she seem to be more into nursing then she had been lately. Makes me wonder if she's getting less or if it tastes different making her more interested. lol

I got pregnant at 13 months postpartum, I think my supply dropped a lot around 20 weeks. I can't tell if I am dry or just low lol. But my son still nurses and I am 35 weeks now :)

Sorry that was supposed to say at 5 months pregnant. I nursed my son through half my pregnancy til he was 9 months old but I was down to only 2 times a day when we stopped. It never even phased him either, he never once acted like he missed it. But I am pretty sure I was dry at that point because I never got engorged or leaked at all when I stopped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->