Breastfeeding while pregnant

Baileeboo77

One beautiful baby boy!♡
Reaction score
Hey ladies, so I have been bfing my son for a little over 2 1/2 years! He is demanding and still extremely dependent on it especially at night for bed. I have been so tired and just exhausted. I got over the counter prenatals but I have been so dizzy! Idk if it's from being pregnant on top of bfing? Anyone else doing both too? My first app is Monday! I think I'll be a little over 6 weeks!

Hi hun I'm right with you!
I'm still bfeeding my almost 3 year old little girl. She's insisting on having her milky at night and I can't think of ways to stop her demanding little personality. I'm just hoping that she might not like the switch from milk to colostrum and might stop naturally if she doesn't get her favourite milky taste anymore.

Anyhow, I was super tired and exhausted the first couple of weeks but slowly seem to bounce back a bit now that I'm pretty much 12 weeks along!

Good luck and great job on feeding your little one for so long! Were you planning on tandem feeding?

Xo

I am :) DS is 2 next month and we are still going strong with the bfing. Before I fell pregnant, I was still feeding on demand (so every hour or so) and whenever he wanted. Now, I had to drop him down to two feeds during the day (nap and bedtime) due to some serious nipple pain! We cosleep so he still feeds throughout the night too but I don't mind. I do have moments where I want to scream and just shove a bottle in his mouth and walk away but I can't. He refuses to drink anything that's not water or breastmilk. He actually gags on cows milk and anything else.
I do find that being pregnant and bfing does drain me a lot more than it did when I was pregnant with DS. Also keep in mind that were running around after our LO's and don't have the chance to nap and eat and do whatever we feel at our leisure. Try and remember to drink plenty of water, especially while feeding. I gave up on that a long time ago but it helps so much now xxx Congrats love and wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months xx

My 2 and a half year old self weaned when I was 14 weeks along. I was so glad because I was starting to feel sore

I'm still feeding my daughter at 2 years and 8 months while pregnant. She loves it and says they are 'hers' and her 'best friends' haha. She feeds occasionally in the day and when she is chilling out on my phone for comfort and also at night. I find the initial latch sore since I've been pg, but it eases fairly quickly.
I thought I'd be more tired still bfing, but despite having hypothyroidism and low iron, I've not felt too bad considering. I don't know when I'll be weaning her off, unless she does it herself, but I'm not going to feel pressured to do so. My mother-in-law asks occasionally, but she's said before now she'd have found it too embarrassing to breastfeed beyond a year, so we are two different people in that respect.
I'd advise getting all your bloods and levels checked and monitoring how you feel. If you feel that continuing to breastfeed is detrimental to you, it may be worth weaning. You've done amazingly feeding for so long and need to take care of your health and baby as top priority. If you feel better, do what's right for you and your little one xxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->