Breathing Issues

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by Fergie, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Fergie

Fergie Rainbows & angel mummy

Does anyone else have the feeling like they can't get a deep breath ?. I'm having problems doing this and of course the more i think about it the worse it gets. I'm not going into panic mode or that, it's more just annoying iykwim. I don't remember this from my last pregnancy and i'm just wondering if it's normal.

2. PinkP

PinkP Pregnant with my 1st baby

Was wondering this too - I'm the same . . at times I feel like I need to inhale quite deep a few times before I'm back to normal (if that makes sense!!)

3. Fergie

Fergie Rainbows & angel mummy

Yeah i know exactly what you mean. It's really hard to describe .. it just feels as if the air you're breathing just isn't reaching the bottom of your lungs.

I know things get squished with the baby moving up, but as i said i really don't remember this with my last one .. i just thought it was me being odd as usual :D !!

4. YorkieMom

YorkieMom Well-Known Member

Yup, I feel like that as well. Also climbing the 2 flights of stairs I have bene doing everyday for the last 2 years at work are really difficult now. I find myself huffing and puffing and feel really silly when talking to a friend once we reach the top, because she has no idea that I'm pregs.

Also a few nights ago I really noticed it when I was in bed. It was harder to breath.

5. NatashaZ

NatashaZ Well-Known Member

Oh gosh, I am glad I am not the only one feeling this. I have been so out of breath lately. I wasn't sure what was going on, but it is very annoying.

6. Nanaki

Nanaki Mummy 2 two boys, an angel and a girl!

Same here, up the stairs with my son and its making me out of breath already and needed to sit down for a moment! It is so annoying, as I can remember when pg with my son and it was started when I was in between 2nd tri and 3rd tri. XXX

7. MooMrs

MooMrs Well-Known Member

I'm also puffed out much more easily.. which may be down to lack of fitness and christmas rather than baby! However, I noticed when I'm lying in bed, and have been resting for a long time I'm still breathing much more rapidly than I used to. I googled it, cos I thought it was strange. It must have started when I was only like 6 weeks which seems mad but I can't think of any other reason for it!

8. pillarbox_red

pillarbox_red Well-Known Member

I've been getting this too the past couple of days, it comes and goes and feels like i aren't breathing enough air in or something, or like im not breathing fast enough!
    It happens when im just sat around too :shrug: