breathing too quickly?

MummyIwanabe

Twin Mummy!
Reaction score
our babies are 10 weeks old tomorrow. We've had them home for 3 weeks tomorrow.

On thursday Max had to have a blood transfusion as he was anemic.

On Friday I noticed he had a bloated tummy. We went to hospital and they told us he was fine it was just the GP overacting as she didn't know much about premmies.

Today I've noticed he's breathing quicker than normal - 85 ish breaths per minute. I remember from SCBU that they told us Isla (his twin) when she was breathing at 80 plus - this was too quick. they said it should be more like 60. what do you guys think? he is feeding fine, regular bowel movements, doesn't seem to have temp.

I've phoned the childrens ward and they won't help unless we go in (which I don't want to do as they want us to go through A&E childrens section full of germs again which SCBU told us not to do for 3 weeks. We ended up in A& E on friday and it was so stressful we panicked and asked to be moved when we heard the child next to us had an infection.

It seems we're in a loop hole at the moment where SCBU can't help, childrens ward aren't familar with premmies and we're stuck not knowing whether there's a problem and I don't want to risk him catching germs if all is OK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->