breathless??

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Emz_number3, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Emz_number3

Emz_number3 Well-Known Member

Just recently and only now and again i feel like i cant get enough air...i hope this makes sense..i feel like i need to take deep breaths sometimes and that i just cant get enough air from a normal breath.

its a bit scary and im wondering what this is? never had it before.

2. magicbubble

magicbubble Well-Known Member

ive really been suffering from this over the past few weeks, its worse when i sit or lie down :( got it right now infact

3. Lawa

Lawa Well-Known Member

And me its baby pressing up against your lungs!

4. Kess

Kess Well-Known Member

Yup, me too. The only things I've found that help is sitting on my birth ball (not sure why this works as no other position seems to make any difference, but it does! perhaps it is the extra space it creates in the pelvis?), and some pregnancy yoga. Oh, and trying to keep as calm as possible, as panicking just makes you want to breathe faster and deeper!

5. Green Lady

Green Lady Well-Known Member

I've been noticing this too the past couple of weeks--even having a conversation leaves me winded and I start to sound like I'm babbling. Plus my nose has gone stuffy which doesn't help! Bad timing too because I'm making a push to get the place organised before the LO arrives. It's a pain but I hope the baby starts dropping soon.

6. mons75

mons75 Well-Known Member

Me too, massively!

7. FEDup1981

FEDup1981 Mam of two & two angels

Same here, usually when baby has her bum squashing my right lung!

8. Emz_number3

Emz_number3 Well-Known Member

oo i feel so much better knowing this sounds pretty common. lol its funny you mention when you have a conversation u have to stop to take a breath that sounds just like me...my OH takes the mick outta me so bad for it. thanks ladies xx