Breech baby and scared for his hips

I just went to the doctor today and asked about the hip issue because I found that I am Frank Breech too. She said that there is no long term effects for the hips and they make sure to check on the hips of all breech babies.

She scheduled an ECV for next week. She said that the success rate is 40-50%....I thought it was 50%.

Ecv is gone Hun just relax and if they can they will do it

I was so proud I let them try sadly it didn't work x and if I'm honest spent the week after crying only last few days I been excited to meet my little man next week got my pre op at 10 x

My DS was breech until he naturally turned at 39+4 and he had to have a hip check up at 6 weeks of age but all was totally fine and he was born 23 inches so was quite tucked up in there! It is a formality that they get checked incase it has given them clicky hips, if something is wrong with their hips they get them put in special plaster things that help them stay in the right place but it is very rare anything is wrong, I'm sure all will be fine x

My friends little girl had funny hips and wasn't breech she had a harness for 4 months it was fine x

Just had my pre op and he said the modwife will give him a good check on his hips x

When I went to the doctor yesterday she confirmed I was still breech and I have an ECV scheduled for next Thursday evening.

This morning I woke up and it seems that there is so much more room between my bump and breasts, most times its really uncomfortable and I feel the round little head there. Now the top of my bump although it's low, it's still hard and round...just no as round as when I knew it was the head. Now I have no idea if my breech lo dropped or if it turned and I am feeling a little bum. I am so curious and it's going to drive me nuts till Tuesday when I can ask the doctor.

HayleyJJ....I think you will love your section. I was talking to the receptionist at the doctors and she is pregnant with her second. She said that she is doing other section and she wouldn't have it any other way. She said that it is stress free and it's nice that people aren't running around all crazy.

My daughter was breech. She had a hip scan (just like an ultrasound) when she was about 2 months old and all was fine. Her feet were very slightly turned inwards but corrected themselves and didn't cause any issues whatsoever. She was bang on track for pulling herself up, coasting and walking. Hope this helps a little x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->