Breech!

immy11

Reaction score
I found out baby is breech at my midwife appointment, he has been head down the entire pregnancy now he turns!
I know there is plently of time for him to turn, I'm 30w 5d, but the possibility of a c section is really scaring me :(
Is there anything I can do to help this baby turn? Any experience??

My baby was head down at my 31 week appointment and starting to engage but then I felt her do a massive flip and she went breech and transverse but is now head down again I'm 33 weeks tomorrow

Thanks monte i have been doing some of those exercises I hope they help.

Mummyxofx2 thanks it seems like there's still a lot of room for back flips in there, the midwives just scared me by talking about evc and c section.. They were just trying to prepare me I supose..

Shame they scared you so soon. My baby has been breech since at least 25 weeks and I've done pretty much everything to encourage him/her to turn - all the spinning babies exercises, chiro, Reflexology. I spent 20 minutes a day laying upside down on an ironing board turned inversion table for weeks lol.
But it was only at 36 weeks that they even mentioned an ecv as they don't do them before 37 weeks (here anyway, maybe that's not standard). At every appointment prior they just said not to worry there's plenty of time to turn.

I declined the ecv after research led me to feel that if I had done everything else possible to get the baby to turn and all that happened is it briefly went transverse before returning to breech, there is probably a reason for it and forcing it to turn is not the best option for me.

Of course they then wanted to schedule a cesarean but I declined that too and am now petitioning the hospital to allow me o attempt a vaginal delivery (with one of the two doctors experienced and comfortable with breech deliveries) otherwise I will be going to a hospital three hours away.

My little one has been breech since 25 weeks, my doctor said most of the time they do turn and don't stress. He's very laid back and said if she doesn't turn then we will have to do a c-section and slowly I'm coming to terms with it. I haven't really set my heart on anything in regards to birth because i know things can change in a heartbeat. For me, as long as my baby girl is healthy and fine, i don't mind how she comes! :flower: Good luck, hopefully your little one turns for you hun! I know it can be scary!

My sister was breech and in labour she actually turned around. I have a feeling this one is breech but could still turn I know.

NDH - I haven't pulled out the ironing board yet! Lol.. I hope they are considering your vaginal delivery, I havn't done much research into the ecv, is it dangerous?

Beegray - Thanks, I hope your baby turns soon but your right as long as baby arrives safely ill be happy :)

Try not to worry as there's still time for baby to turn. My sister's baby was breech until 35 weeks and then turned on its own. Her chiro used the Webster technique, which may have helped, or apparently acupuncture can be very good too.

I'm hoping this baby co-operates and is head down, but if not my midwife will support me should I want to try for another vaginal breech delivery, as though the last one came as a bit of a shock, it all went well in the end.

It has risks, as does everything really though. I would encourage you to do your research if you get that far and it becomes an option but I won't bias you with my reasons for declining.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->