Brides - Would this offend you?

Snow Owl

Reaction score
One of my best friends is getting married and her hen is being organised as a surprise for her by her bridesmaids :)

The plan is in the evening we're having a girly gathering at her house and then the next night we're having a spa day.

My concern is the spa day. The package they've booked is £65 and is a mini treatment (manicure / facial), two course lunch and use of the spa for the day.

But the problem is the spa seems to be off limits to me. (I'll be 8 months pregnant) I can't use the jacuzzi, steam room or sauna which just leaves the leisure pool. Which makes a very expensive swim!

Plus the leisure pool is the open one so the group have commented they will probably avoid it due to the kids etc.

I'm waiting to hear back as to wether I can join them just for lunch so as not to miss it completely.

But ladies as brides, would you be upset if your best friend didn't come?

I probably would want my best friend there but would understand if she couldn't/didn't want to come in your situation. Do they not do a mummy to be package? Most spas seem to do them around here & at least you'd get the treatments & the lunch? xx

I would contact the spa and see if there's some sort of reduced package they could do you for lunch or something.
One of my best friends had her hen do last September and they did cocktail making :/ I was super resentful being expected to pay £30 to make cocktails I couldn't actually drink, but I went because I would regret missing her hen if I didn't go.

I've spoken to the Spa and they are happy for me to just do lunch with the group as they don't offer prenatal massages.

I could just have a facial but for the 6 hours we'd be there I'd have to stick in the kids pool on my own as no one else wants to go in there!

I've now spoken to the bride and she said if she'd realised she wouldn't have suggested a spa day but she would have no problem with me just coming to lunch :) She did say 'damn you being pregnant' but we did both laugh :)

absolutely not! Id hate for someone to spend that much and not be able to do anything. So glad your friend was understanding

Yes I think I would be a bit upset,your not paying £65 for a swim. Your getting your lunch a facial and a manicure. I pay £15 just for a manicure. People don't go in the sauna and steam room at those sorts of things because you end up a sweaty mess. Your there to celebrate with your friend not for you. My cousin was 6 months pregnant at her sisters hen and we had a spa day. We mostly stayed in the pool because she couldn't use the others.

Yes I think I would be a bit upset,your not paying £65 for a swim. Your getting your lunch a facial and a manicure. I pay £15 just for a manicure. People don't go in the sauna and steam room at those sorts of things because you end up a sweaty mess. Your there to celebrate with your friend not for you. My cousin was 6 months pregnant at her sisters hen and we had a spa day. We mostly stayed in the pool because she couldn't use the others.

I think that's a little bit unfair. Personally if I was the bride I would understand. Because 6 hours is a long time and a facial and manicure wont take that long so you would be stuck a large amount of time on your own in the pool esp if they have said they don't want to go in there! you will still be going for the lunch etc and it's not your fault being pregnant and not being able to do the same as the others. I think you're being reasonable and trying to join in as best you can. Sounds like your best friend is fine about it anyway :)

My 2nd cousin is having a spa day as part of her hen weekend, 2x mini treatments, 3 course lunch, use of facilities.....£110

I will be 7 months pregnant, I'm going and I'm looking forward to it, my hubby got me a mum to be spa day for our 1st wedding anniversary and I was 8 months pregnant.

It was lovely to have a day of just relaxing and spending the day together and I didn't miss not using the sauna, steam etc.

I'm very much looking forward to this spa day as it'll be a lovely to see everyone, spend time with them and relax without hubs, DS or the dog under my feet lol.

I think it's great you've found an alternative that means you get the best of both :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->