Brie and Cranberry parcels

pa2k84

Mummy to Lucas Richard
Reaction score
What is everyones opinions on eating cooked brie? Going over to mums for Christmas lunch tomorrow and she was said that for starters she was some bitesize brie and cranberry parcels as know we can all eat these (i am vegetarian but eat fish and oh vegetarian but doesn't) Pointed out to her that i should not be eating brie and she said was ok had some mushroom pate in fridge i could have as she forgot about the soft cheese thing. Did have to remind her i couldnt eat pate either!

Had a read online and read that brie can be eaten when pregnant if cooked just personal preference to eat or not but cooking takes awaythe risks it carries so now not sure what to do!

Love my brie and cranberry aswell! Do you think a couple little cooked parcels will be ok?

This is from the Food standards agency: https://www.eatwell.gov.uk/asksam/agesandstages/pregnancy/#A219890
It looks as if it should be ok.

I had some Brie in the US because they pasteurise EVERYTHING over there :lol: While I was researching I read a lot of times that if Brie is cooked through then it's fine to eat as it kills off the bacteria. I'd probably just not eat too much if you're still a bit concerned.

xx

I had some Brie in the US because they pasteurise EVERYTHING over there :lol: While I was researching I read a lot of times that if Brie is cooked through then it's fine to eat as it kills off the bacteria. I'd probably just not eat too much if you're still a bit concerned.

xx

odd.. I thought brie is the only thing we don't pasteurize. I didn't find it on the label, found it on fresh mozzarella though.

I've had cooked Brie a few times & have been fine. Just make sure its been cooked all the way through-the cooking process kills off any Listeria that may be lurking

I had a brie and cranberry panini last week, aslong as its cooked you will be fine! x

ooooh, great thread!! we're going to a restaurant next week and they do amazing deep fried brie with cumberland sauce, wasn't sure if i could have it but think i will be now....mmmmmm!!

ive eaten pasturised brie yummy you can def get it says on the label :happydance: if it doesnt say then its not pasturised heard sainsburys sell it got mine from tesco xxx

Looking forward to them now :happydance:

Christmas meal with OH work other week and only veggie thing they had starter wise was breaded cooked brie and cranberry so had none wish i had read sooner!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->