• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bright red bleeding 2.5 weeks PP

MeaganMackenz

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
First post in the postnatal section :D

I'm a bit concerned and sadly that's what's caused me to post.
I'm 2.5 weeks PP and while the quantity has decreased I am still bleeding dark and bright red. It's a small to moderate amount on the pad and mostly shows up in the toliet or when wiping. I do see the occasional clot too. Small in size never large enough I'm concerned.

Also, the "bleed more if you do more" isn't always the case. It's bright red to wipe whether I do everything or nothing. When I'm overdoing it then I usually get more on the pad. I am breastfeeding too, and the cramps / contractions / small gushes after feedings seem to have stopped. And finally on iron for pretty low hemoglobin levels. Fairly anaemic.

I have contacted my Dr and have a scan booked for next Wednesday. She's concerned because of the anaemia I think..

Has anyone else had similar bleeding? Was there a cause?
Thanks xox

I had bright red bleeding off and on for 6 weeks after DD2. Just when I thought it was finally darkening and dying off, more bright red would expel. I'm sure everything is just fine :)

I hope so too but it's better to get checked than not! I guess with the anaemia my Dr is worried about to much blood loss. Hopefully all is well ;)

I'm 2w, 2d after delivery and my bleeding sounds exactly like yours. Ebbs and flows, some bright red through out the day, usually a couple of hours after I've done something more strenuous. But I haven't been anemic at all.

I came here for the same thing. Let me know what your doctor says!

Unless it's soaking through pads or you feel unwell (like you're coming down with a flu, which could be a sign of infection), I would say that sounds pretty normal. Mine was bright red for a week or two, tapered off to brown, and then came back bright red around 4 ish weeks before it ended. If it's heavy enough to be soaking through pads or you really feel ill, I would be concerned, but otherwise, bleeding, both red and brown, as long as you aren't passing heavy large clots, is normal up to 6 weeks. You may find it's a bit heavier because you are anemic. I was anemic as well, but taking high potency iron, taking vitamin C and eating lots of iron rich foods should help.

I was bleeding red really till 6 weeks both times, it only got darker closer to 7 weeks. But it was on an off that sometimes I thought I'd stopped bleeding, then all of a sudden I bleed more again. it sounds normal but better be safe than sorry!

Sounds exactly like mine, I'm 2 weeks pp now. Also I am anaemic too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->