bring on baby!! Welcome!!!

:hugs: i know it doesn't feel like it, but it's normal to have nights like this and have a difficult time dealing with it. a friend of mine at work said there were times she just didn't think she'd make it through the first month. :hugs: as hard as it is (and will probably continue to be), just try to remember that this is normal and you're doing everything just right. hang in there, sweetie. it will get better.

How will it get better when noone in the house is sleeping...

you just have to try to be patient and give it time. everyone is getting adjusted to a new routine and it's going to take awhile to find your rhythm. do you have sling? have you tried just wearing bentlie? it's supposed to be very soothing because it's the closest thing to being back in the womb.

and the 5 s's are supposed t o be a lifesaver. our childbirth coach said it reduced her sons' crying by hours a day.

https://www.drphil.com/articles/article/274

maybe you guys can try sleeping in shifts for now. maybe lance can give you 2 or 3 hours to sleep and you can do the same.

Yea I went n showered and he watched her...

Bentlie got bad gas u can tell she is very uncomfortable gave her gas drops but no good
So she hasn't sucked a pacifier yet well this morning at 4am I finally caved in and gave it to her.. I feel like a horriable parent

you're not a bad parent. some babies really need to suck on something to feel soothed. we're not going to start off using them, but believe me, if sprout needs to suck to feel calmed, i will not hesitate to give him/her a pacifier. you are not being a horrible parent for comforting your baby!

Well it got kinda outta control when she started sucking her finger and hand ...

Bentlie eats at 10:30 again n me n lance r hanging out in living room

just remember- sucking is a reflex for babies. it's not anything they control, so if she needs to suck on something, let her. :hugs: you guys are going to be fine. it's going to be really really hard for awhile, but you're going to make it through and everything is going to be wonderful. and you always have us to rant to when you need to blow off a little steam or just need some shoulders to cry on.

Just catching up on your posts...

Sorry your nights are feeling rough Annie :hugs: I don't have much advice to give, but I do know that it is a very normal feeling to feel inadequate or challenged by having a baby. No one ever said it was easy! Just have faith that you (and Lance) will get the hang of things. I like Bex's idea of doing waking/sleeping shifts (when you're ready to let Lance!) - my former supervisor (now a good friend) basically told me it kept him and his wife sane by doing that during the infancy of their 3 kids.

I also think it's great that you got the sleep/breathing alarm! I'm sure you will both rest so much better knowing that you have that "safety net" in place. :hugs:

Bex, I made your pot roast tonight! I made a few modifications - chicken stock instead of beef (didn't have any), dry thyme instead of fresh, and I added in a few celery sticks with the veggies. I was SO hungry this afternoon when it was cooking I kept sneaking in (well, not that anyone was there to watch except the dogs!) and slicing little bits of the end of the roast! :haha: I finally sat down and had the full thing about an hour ago and it was SUPER YUM! Exactly what I had been looking for! My body was *really* craving meat (maybe low on iron or something)? So thank you so much!! :)

Not much else going on with me. My bbs are SUPER sore now! Just within the day they've gone from like a 2 on the soreness scale to like a 7! I hope that's a good sign. I'm trying not to read into much because I honestly feel like the chances of success are so low...but I'll take what I can get.

Just finishing watching an episode of Brothers & Sisters...definitely a guilty pleasure... then it's off to bed. Night ladies - hope you both have peaceful nights <3

glad you enjoyed the pot roast. i think i make it a little differently every time depending on what veggies and spices i happen to have lying around.

i say you look as far into anything that keeps you feeling positive about your pregnancy as you can. let your sore boobies bring you comfort! :hugs:

Thanks hope!!

Bentlie just projected vomit all over me n my recliner think I over fed her again.. She just don't stop sucking when she is full .

:hugs: wow, i'm sorry. i guess just try to keep an eye on how much she is getting. maybe switch to her pacifier after she's had 3 oz? then she'll still get to suck but won't get over full.

good morning, ladies. i seem to have the insomnia bug again. bed at 1, up at 5...which i'm sure is still more sleep than you're getting, annie. :hugs: guess i'll have to have a nap later.

annie- how was your night? hope you guys were able to get at least a little bit of rest. thinking of you. :hugs:

hope- how are you feeling today? have you called your fs yet to go in for betas?

jumik- we haven't heard from you in awhile. how's everything going?

gosh, annie, i'm such a poop! we've all been so focused on how bentlie is doing, i haven't bothered to ask how you're feeling. how is your incision site healing up? have you had to rely much on your pain meds? are you getting around okay?

Good morning ladies,

Bex, sorry to hear about the insomnia! :hugs: that is a drag. My stepsister had it really bad right before she had her baby...she explained it was the body's way of getting you ready for many sleepless nights! Hope you can find some time to rest later today.

Annie, eeeeh about the projectile... at least baby vomit is the best possible vomit there is! :haha: My friend Erin is a psychologist and she actually encourages thumb or hand sucking as a way for her children (well, they are both still babies/infacts) to self-sooth. So there are schools of thought that are all for it! I personally haven't really looked into it much but I don't think I would hesitate to use a soother if it felt necessary.

Well AFM, I must be making up for your lack of sleep.. I slept til 8:30 this morning! I felt like a total zombie when I woke up, and kinda pukey! Like a low blood sugar kinda feeling. It is not an uncommon feeling for me in pregnancy :shrug: Bbs are still super sore.

Bex - I did contact my FS's office, and I spoke with his receptionist and told her my news. She said that they usually offer blood testing and then an in-office U/S at 8 weeks, but that obviously it's a long way for me to travel just for those things! So she said I should just keep my next phone appointment with my FS on Nov 30th, and follow up with my GP here. So, I am seeing my doc here on Monday. To be honest, I'm not super keen on betas - they stress me out, and I hate having a middle-man between me and my #s/body - but if my doc wants them I'll probably go. So we'll see.

Another restless night she had gas so bad all she did was grunt at 4 am we put her in her swing and she finally slept and the woke up at 7to eat and fell back asleep at 8 and now we r on way to dr and we running late bc we over slept..

Oops
And guess when her next feeding is.. Same time as her dr appt..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->