bring on baby!! Welcome!!!

i know your fs is probably being more responsible than not by not medicating an unknown issue, but at some point i think you need to start experimenting a little. just because the tests aren't showing anything wrong doesn't mean there isn't something there. would you guys every be able to do ivf with genetic screening?

haha, it must be something in the HCG ;)

The FRER still just seems way too light for how far along I should be, considering I've been getting positives for 4 days now. *sigh*

I'll use my last Wondfo tomorrow and see what that brings.

Thanks again for listening to crazy lady over here :wacko:

i know your fs is probably being more responsible than not by not medicating an unknown issue, but at some point i think you need to start experimenting a little. just because the tests aren't showing anything wrong doesn't mean there isn't something there. would you guys every be able to do ivf with genetic screening?

I agree. I think that if I lose this one he might be more open to trying some things out, though. I asked about IVF, and he basically said he wouldn't recommend that, or any other kind of fertility treatment (eg. superovulation) right now, because it will only be expensive and won't make a difference in terms of whether or not I will miscarry. He said we could do IVF+PGD, but that again, it is so $$ that we are probably better off just trying until it works, since we get pregnant so easily.

yeah- the expense is so crazy! that must be pretty frustrating to hear. :hugs: well, you guys get pregnant so easily you should just try until you get it right. don't worry about the emotional toll of the recurrent losses and the inability to celebrate any pregnancy you do achieve. :nope:

Haha, I know. In fairness to him, he seems actually rather sensitive to the emotional side of things. I think he was just being honest in that IVF won't help if I can't carry to term. Bah. This is a freakin' curse. :(

I think I have a good case for empirical whatever-it-takes after this though.

i would say so! at that point i'd be thinking, "screw whatever your stupid tests say. clearly something is not right!"

Exactly. I have a hunch it's an immune thing, and that the steroids could be a big help.

That being said though, I still haven't gone for the HSG. I wasn't planning on being pregnant until after we'd done it. Argh. FS said that there actually is a good chance it could be a uterine anomaly; it would explain why I have had so many very early losses (only one of my pregnancies - the normal boy - actually developed into an embryo). The fertilized egg implants on the septum/piece of tissue but can't be properly nourished so it just fails.

bicornuate or septum - could have the same effect. I always doubted that was my issue though because i've had tons of ultrasounds (even by RPL doctors at the Vancouver Early Pregnancy Loss Clinic) and they only ever said everything looks perfect. :shrug:

yeah- i was under the impression that things like that could be seen through an u/s. i'm surprised they even want to bother with the hsg...i mean, clearly your tubes are clear enough that the eggy gets down there and implants. that almost seems like a waste of time!

Haha, that's kind of why I've been putting it off for so long! And everyone who has done it has said it is pretty painful :( Did you ever have one?

Apparently a uterine septum can go undetected for a long time though, and is often missed on U/S unless someone is looking for it (it can be more easily identified with a 3D or Saline U/S). I almost wonder if it would be worth paying out of pocket for a 3D/4D just to get it over with and without the pain! The hospitals here are sooooo backlogged, it's crazy - I'm doubtful I could even get in before the new year.

i had my hsg scheduled when we got the awful awful results of morgan's sa. i cancelled the appointment because we were told we needed icsi due to his grim results. once you need ivf/icsi, having clear tubes is pretty useless. at this point, i know at least one of my tubes is okay!

Haha, interesting. What were his results, just out of curiosity? Jamie had his done and my GP said his motility was 60%... but we didn't ever hear what the morphology was. FS didn't say anything so I am assuming it was OK.

i don't remember the exact numbers and i've somehow lost the paperwork, but both his motility and morphology were below 10% both times.

i honestly think it was his drinking. he stopped and i got pregnant.

Wow! That's crazy. Does Morgan agree? Jamie drinks a lot too... men *rolls eyes*. I will tell him your story and maybe he'll quit the next time we TTC ;) I barely touch alcohol, so even 2 drinks a night seems excessive to me. The FS said that was totally OK though and was more concerned with whether or not he was a smoker.

well, morgan was drinking 8-10 beers A NIGHT. i mean it was bad! i was ready to leave him if he didn't stop. he stopped drinking and i was pregnant within 2 MONTHS after 2 years of trying. i really can't bring myself to believe that that's a coincidence.

That is quite a lot. That would be problematic for me, too, I think. It certainly would make sense that it would help a bunch... those swimmers were probably too boozed to find their way to the egg! :haha:

Alright, well I am going to call it a night, go and watch a bit of TV (well actually DVDs because we don't have cable here in the boonies, ugh), and then go to bed. Just had a good phone chat with Jamie (he's on a business trip tonight). Told me I shouldnt let those day to day fluctuations/tests/thoughts get to me... that it is more productive to focus on the big picture... that it's not over till it's over. He is right.

Thanks for everything Bexxc! <3 you!!!! :hugs:

seriously! i'd be all misshapen and lazy too if i were bathed in alcohol 24/7. not to mention how awful it was for our relationship! people who drink that much are miserable people to be around!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->