• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bringing on labour tips

HLx

Mummy to Layla, George & Enzo <3
Reaction score
So I've tried a few things in the past that didn't work, but it was with my 1st baby and they seem very stubborn to come out on time anyway! Does anyone have anything that they've tried which did work? I'm 36 weeks next Saturday (12th October) and I will be doing anything from then on to evict baby, I can't go on, from everything that's happened, still contracting regular, was 2 minutes apart last night and died down after an hour, I'm in constant agony, I can't breathe despite baby being engaged, I can't walk, I can't sleep, I AM DONE!!!!!

I wasnt going to start so early, but I've had all the steroids and medication to help him develop, I think starting at 36 weeks is reasonable.

Please help me evict this little man :(

Hon try and get to 37 weeks sweety. Babies lungs are not mature until 37 weeks. I wudnt wish a premature baby on anyone after my experience with DD. I know this stage of pregnancy is the most hardest but u really haven't got much longer left.
Going by my dates I was actually 37+4 when I had Tommy. All my scans after the 12 week one put me forward 4 days but they just wudnt change the date.
His lungs were fully mature and he is healthy and even tho the last few weeks were awful esp with the itching I'm so happy and relieved I got to full term and he didnt end up in special care baby unit like with my Lilly.
They wudnt induce me b4 37 weeks for a reason and at the time it pissed me off because I just thought what difference does a week make but it makes a whole lot of difference. If I wud of had him earlier he prob wud of ended up in SCBU and it's so horrible when that happens. U dont even get to go home with ure baby. U dont get to have them with u on the ward with you. It's really horrible hon.
Longer u keep baby cooking the better for him. It will be well worth it trust me.

If u do get to 37 weeks and still no baby then go crazy with all the old wives tales.
I didnt try anything. I did bounce on my ball alot but mainly because of pain and I tried the spicy food thing but that's as far as I pushed it. When I went in at 36 weeks with those contractions they said they wud give me medication to stop it because it was still to early.
They know what they're talking about hon.

I know its shit but keep that chin up girl. U are doing so so well. Just a bit longer and he will be in ure arms b4 u know it. And he will be beautiful.

U will forget about all the aches and pains when he is here.
Me and hubby have even decided to ttc again in 18 months haha.
:roll:<3

I had all the steroid injections with Lilly to at 32 weeks. But she still had breathing problems because her lungs were not mature enough and she was born 35+4 so almost 36 weeks.
I was begging my consultant to get Tommy out at 36+4 but they all said to early.
And they were right.
Hopfully baby comes at 37 weeks and no later.
I really thought little man was gonna come b4 my induction but I'm so glad now that he didnt.

Chin up hon. I think he will be here this month. He will be a October Bumkin. I really can not see you going until ure due date. He will be here soon.

I'll be right there with you hun, from 37 weeks I'll be more than ready for this baby to be here! I've had it a lot easier than you, but I'm so bloody tired, my back and hips have started to get sore and I want to meet baby!! Pass all your tips my way haha x

Its not easy being pregnant is it. All these celebs make it look so easy and glamorous and its just so bloody painful and uncomfortable and exhausting.
Not long now ladies. Just thank the lord it isnt hot because that just makes it a million times worse. The day I was induced was so muggy and stuffy was awful.

What about trying the Raspberry leaf capsules and Evening primrose oil capsules ?
I’ve heard they help prepare the body, not so much help bring it on I doubt much can do that as it’s to do with hormones isn’t it?
But preparing your body might encourage it
Xx

Sex worked for me with ds2 but had to do it fairly vigorously ha. It’s a bit wrong but I was desperate as was overdue at the time

Sex worked for me with ds2 but had to do it fairly vigorously ha. It’s a bit wrong but I was desperate as was overdue at the time
:rofl:I honestly couldn't think of anything worse right now! But if I go overdue I'm sure I'll change my mind haha

Id defo wait till 37 weeks before you do anything to encourage your labour

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->