Britain for a boy

BabyDustHopes

Reaction score
I really want to name my son Britain. I love that name so much but I'm afraid he'll hate it now that so many people name their girls boy names. Do you guys think it sounds like a boys name or girls name? I really only care that he would like it bc I love it.

Sounds like a boy's name to me! I say go for it!

Sounds like a boys name. Like the male version of Brittany :)

sounds like where I live lol

cant think of it as a name a similar name is Britney but is a girls name imho

Oh my god I really love this name for a little boy. Never heard of this as a name!!!!! X

I only know it as a girls name, especially when people shorten it to Brit or Britt.

Yeah it's always about 50/50 ... I love medieval literature and every time I read Britain I think it sounds so cool. Otherwise I'm thinking Brendan as a safer option but when I picture having him the name is always Britain

Sorry but it just sounds like a country to me :shrug:

Mind you I am really not a fan of the naming kids after places craze! If you love it go for it! I would give him a 'normal' middle name though, just so he has a choice when he is older.

I like names that are countries or states but Britain is a bit too out there for me personally. But you wasn't asking that; I think it sounds like a boys name

I have a 2 year old named London. Just sayin'. I love the name Britain, and I think your LO would too.

Sorry but it just sounds like a country to me :shrug:

Mind you I am really not a fan of the naming kids after places craze! If you love it go for it! I would give him a 'normal' middle name though, just so he has a choice when he is older.

Lol well my husband and I wanted his middle name to be Bear ... Here's the nerd in me but I love King Arthur literature and he was known as the bear of Britain .. Ahh maybe it's too much I just love it though but i would hate for him to hate it

Hey, if you love it I'm sure he won't think anything of it! It will just be his name to him.

On another note though Arthur Bear would be a freakin' awesome name!!! You could nn him Artie! :)

As a British person I have to say I think it sounds really silly. It's like calling your child America or Canada.

I have a 2 year old named London. Just sayin'. I love the name Britain, and I think your LO would too.

I like London! For a boy or girl?

For a girl. I have 4 girls, with my 5th princess on the way. I think London sounds a bit more feminine. Britain sounds more boy to me. I don't think I would use Britain for a girl actually, so on that note you would be safe. My husband was a fan of Ireland as a name.

Im not sure if its a male or female sounding name I can't think of it on a child at all with it being the country I live in... I guess because it is a country too It could be gender neutral ? x

I kind of like it. You could spell it Britton to take off the edge off it being a place. Also sounds much more boyish to me.

Wouldnt personally call my child that seeing as I'm from Ireland it definitely wouldnt go down well over here considering all but possibly in the US.

You guys are more keen on location based "names" than we are. but if you like it then go for it. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->