Britain for a boy

I have a 2 year old named London. Just sayin'. I love the name Britain, and I think your LO would too.

I like London! For a boy or girl?

For a girl. I have 4 girls, with my 5th princess on the way. I think London sounds a bit more feminine. Britain sounds more boy to me. I don't think I would use Britain for a girl actually, so on that note you would be safe. My husband was a fan of Ireland as a name.

hmmm strange ive only met boys called london lol (its was going to be my middle name if I had been a boy)

I guess place names really are unisex though

I quite like state or place names but I would avoid whole countries (imagine how weird it would be to be called Germany, Sweden, Denmark etc...) so example: of India I would use Indiana with Indie as a nicknames if that makes sense

I have a 2 year old named London. Just sayin'. I love the name Britain, and I think your LO would too.

For a girl. I have 4 girls, with my 5th princess on the way. I think London sounds a bit more feminine. Britain sounds more boy to me. I don't think I would use Britain for a girl actually, so on that note you would be safe. My husband was a fan of Ireland as a name.

Yeah London def seems more feminine ... I like Ireland too! I saw a girl named Irelynn kinda cute :)

I kind of like it. You could spell it Britton to take off the edge off it being a place. Also sounds much more boyish to me.

I was considering that too ... Our really good guy friend's last name is britton and all through high school and college we called him
By his last name or britt and it never seemed girlish but maybe bc he was a marine and def alllll boy hahaa

Yeah London def seems more feminine ... I like Ireland too! I saw a girl named Irelynn kinda cute :)

So weird you should mention that because I JUST ran across Irelyn as a first name about an hour ago! I was actually kinda considering it as a middle name for a bit, but I'm not really sure how I feel about it. I'm not sure about changing Ireland, and adding a "lyn" to it. Just kinda changes the feel for me I suppose.

As a British person I have to say I think it sounds really silly. It's like calling your child America or Canada.

The ugly Betty actress is called America
I'm not keen on britain bear as a name, but as for "weird" names I can't comment as my eldest is called zane lol
If u love it, then go for it!

It's difficult for me to visualise it as a name as I live there but I think it would be more of a boys name than a girls.

So weird you should mention that because I JUST ran across Irelyn as a first name about an hour ago! I was actually kinda considering it as a middle name for a bit, but I'm not really sure how I feel about it. I'm not sure about changing Ireland, and adding a "lyn" to it. Just kinda changes the feel for me I suppose.

Yeah I totally agree! That's kinda like when I think I changing Britain to Britton it loses the meaning behind the name for me as well

No one who lived in Ireland would call their child that though. Possibly Erin but even we think thats very "americanised". If we want to give a nod to our place of birth we call our children Irish names which are often beyond confusing for non irish speaking people. Myself and the majority of my family have these kind of names! I was in Spain recently and at the hotel reception the girl tried to say my name a few times before giving up! :haha::haha:

Yeah I totally agree! That's kinda like when I think I changing Britain to Britton it loses the meaning behind the name for me as well

Completely agree. I love the normal spelling! :thumbup:

No one who lived in Ireland would call their child that though. Possibly Erin but even we think thats very "americanised". If we want to give a nod to our place of birth we call our children Irish names which are often beyond confusing for non irish speaking people. Myself and the majority of my family have these kind of names! I was in Spain recently and at the hotel reception the girl tried to say my name a few times before giving up! :haha::haha:

This is true. I think names that are places in an American trend, but I'm American, and I love it LOL! London did have meaning for DH and I though... but even if it didn't, I still would have used it as my daughters name. I don't mind trends in names, or traditional names... as long as I like the name and I feel confident that my LO will wear it proudly all of their lives, that is all I care about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->