British Gas

Becci_Boo86

Reaction score
Hi well i'm with British gas and have been for nearly 3 years now.

in my old house i was on direct debit but then when we moved we were on pre-paid meter which we dont mind as we can monitor what we use.

when we first moved into the house we were using like £50 a month which i was happy with cos i would just put it on when i got paid and it would last us.

the past 6/7months i have noticed it going up like some months to £120+

i called them up and they said i was on economy 7 i was like why?? i dont have night storage heaters or anything.

they said thats why its been costing so much more.

but if thats the case someone must have changed it to economy 7 cos we werent spending that much before.

i'm waiting at the moment for the guy to come out to sort it he was suppose to be here between 10-2pm nothing yet.

how much do you think i could get back from them as they put me on the wrong tariff when i never changed it??

its so annoying so much money i have had to use cos of there mistake

xx

No advice about the tariff but we have noticed a masive jump in our electricty the last few weeks as well.
We are on a pay metre and £25 used to last us nearly 3 weeks but the last few weeks we have been topping it up with that amount nearly every week so somthing is going on.

Is Economy 7 not where you use it a certain times when energy is cheaper?
If you didn't know you had this you obviously wouldn't be using it at the 'correct' times. Maybe it would pay to stay on it but find out when the cheap times are and use it like that? xx

How did you get on? They should have it on their records when the tariff was changed and if you didn't ask them to do it then I think you are within your rights to get your money back. £120 a month is a lot of money!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->