Broke down and took ibuprofen

christina3735

Mother of 1
Reaction score
I have had horrible toothache/ ear ache for the past couple of day, so bad I couldn't sleep last night. I've been taking Tylenol as directed and doing warm compressions but nothing was helping at all!! I've researched and researched about the effects of ibuprofen durin pregnancy and all that I read was the effects on consistent use of ibuprofen. I'm only taking one dose, don't think it will harm the baby. Has anyone else broke down and took ibuprofen when nothing else would work??

No ive just stayed away from it...were you taking regular tylenol or extra strength? If you find what you are taking isnt working, its generally best to talk to your dr before taking something else just to be on the safe side. One dose wont harm baby, but you dont want to rely on using it if other stuff doesnt work.

I find ibuprofen is the only thing that works with my bad headaches. I try taking paracetamol but if it doesn't work I will use ibuprofen. I'm not worried about it, although I will go to my doctor soon for something stronger as I don't want to be using ibuprofen all the time.

One dose will not have harmed your baby, try not to worry xx

I was prescribed codine for headaches, short term only and told t use it as least as possible nothing else was touching my headaches. Don't feel too guilty.

I didn't find out I was pregnant until 5 weeks and the week before had a wisdom tooth infection which I had antibiotics for and overdosed on paracetamol and ibuprofen for about 5 days I literally took it every few hours to try and give me a break from some pain. I worried like mad when I found out I was pregnant but my bubs is still doing well at 23 weeks xx

I really wouldnt worry! I took the strong codine 30/500 basically the first 5months of pregnancy with my son otherwise i was unable to walk!! Ok it was prescribed by my dr but its a hell of alot stronger than ibuprofen and it didnt effect my son x

I suffer colic all the time which I take dihydrocodeine for. I also have naproxen which I have taken (its a stronger version of ibuprofen) my gp is aware and said using it now and again is ok xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->