broken boiler :-(

lilmissdanni

Reaction score
Our boiler wont work....rung the agents yesterday and they said they would get the landlord to contact us as they dont work Sunday. The landlord just rung and really rudely told me "they don't have time to sort it today and that the letting agent will have to sort it tomorrow"

I'm fuming. I have a 5 month old , it's freezing.

thats not on :(

we had no heating or hot water for 3 months when LO was 6 months old until she was 9 months!!

can you go to someones house for the night? xx

We have a little heater that is in our front room and comes to bed with us at night but it means lo is back in with us. It is also costing a fortune in electric which is annoying since I have £22 on my gas!

OH has woke up full of cold so I'm getting back onto my landlord and telling them I want someone out today. Our agents are useless and I know for a fact it will take them ages to get it sorted.

who manages your property? If its the letting agent then they need to sort it but if not then your landlord needs to get it fixed.

This happened to me in my old house, my youngest was only 4 months old and we had no heating or hot water and it was February all because she was too tight to pay for a new boiler and kept trying to get it working.

I have a flat that I rent out and I pay £47 a month to cover heating/electrics/water/plumbing so if anything goes wrong, an engineer gets sent out straight away. Perhaps you could ask your landlord if they would be prepared to do this.

Someone is coming to look at it between 4&6

OH sorted it whilst I was chasing the real radio renegade round town like a Looney!

Lol, glad its sorted, I think they have a legal duty, I know my husband works for British gas and they manage loads of landlord properties, if you have a baby your priority call.

Im pretty sure heating needs to be fixed within a certain time frame. It should be in your contract

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->