Broken tooth during pregnancy

SleepyBaby

Reaction score
In my last pregnancy my wisdom tooth crumbled, it didnt break the thing shattered! it was ouch!

So i went along to dentist and got it out, she was trained in how to deal with pregnant women and said second tri was best time to get dental work done, she numbed it completly and i didnt feel it being pulled! once it was out and the anaestic wore off i was lucky enough to have no pain at all ! it was best feeling ever! it had no effect on baby at all. It was first time id to ever have a tooth pulled or any dental work other than a cleaning so i was terrified but when it was over i wonder why id lost sleep over it!

Id say phone the dentist and have a chat with them, ask them about any risks and your fears and see what they say!

I recently had 2 teeth one wisdom and one molar pulled while pregnant due to them being broken and infected and they numbed mine with anthestic no problem as it isn't enough that they use to harm the baby,
I have fear of dentist but they said it's more harmful to have bad teeth while pregnant as this is related to prem labour and can effect your babies developing teeth so it's actually the better thing to have them treated while pregnant than leave them.
In the end I had nothing to worry about and I actually just skipped into my 6 month appointment last week not worried at all. Xx

I've had dental work done during ALL of my pregnancies so far--my teeth go to pot when I am pregnant and it gets really painful. Just have your doctor write you a note of what they are allowed to give you while pregnant. I've already been to the dentist so far this pregnancy. Definitely safe.

If nothing else, they should be able to do something enough to control the pain until you deliver the baby and then can get the real work done that you need (that's what they did for me my first pregnancy--I needed a major root canal). Good luck!

One of my molars cracked during my last pregnancy and I didn't get it taken care of. I ended up needing a root canal and a cap because I waited so long :nope: I would definitely suggest getting it checked out sooner rather than later to avoid potentially more work and more $$.

I had my wisdom tooth out at 12 weeks, was originally booked in to be knocked out but found out I was pregnant the week before so they would only give me the needle in the gum as being put to sleep was too risky

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->