Brown bleeding 7-8 weeks what should i do

sez82

Reaction score
Hi All,

Really need some advice, woke up this morning and had brown blood on tissue paper-quite a bit not just spotting. Two hours later and fingers crossed it appears to have stopped. Really worried though, been crying non-stop thinking the worst and just don't know what to do-will the hospital do anything if i just turn up or should i make an appointment with the emergency doctors? I think i am 7 and a half weeks, anyone had anything similar? Up until now i have no bleeding whatsoever. Would appreciate your thoughts. Thanks
:cry:

Hi sez82, didn't want to read and run. I don't know for sure but from what I've read if it's brown blood it's OK and pretty common, I think brown is old blood, it's only worrying if it's bright red and lots.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you xx

Thanks for the reassurance, just so worried, phoned out of hours doctor and she has booked me in for a scan monday but cant wait that long-phoned private scan centre and they were really nice and booked me in for this afternoon 2.30pm...so nervous but guess it is not going to change anything. Will let you know, fingers crossed...x

Honestly, I've heard a lot about people experiencing bleeds around the first two times they would've gotten their periods while pregnant (around 4 weeks and around 8 weeks). Fx! Keep us updated!

Fxed for you. Please keep calm and keep us updated. I've been having some brown discharge when I wipe and sometimes with wee. Mw said worry if red or with cramps. But I still worry

X

Just got back from the scan-all ok, saw baby and heard and saw heartbeat 7W3D and all as should be:thumbup:. Midwife said bleeding from bruising or burrowing into placenta (or something like that!) but thankfully all looks ok. Put my mind at rest-for now...going to be a long wait till the 12 week mark i think! Thanks for all your comments, hope this will put others mind at rest, was really convince was wrong this morning as was quite a lot of blood. x

That's good news. Try to relax now! Thank you so much for helping calm others
X

I was gonna say I've had this sure it was implantation blood had normal periods with my son nearly whole way through..just try not to worry that is just as bad :D xx

I am so happy for you! The past 2 days I'm experiencing the same but I cannot be seen till Tuesday! I really hope everything is ok :(

its only the bright red clotty blood you should be concerned about chick! xx

Glad you got good news sezx82. I had brown spotting at 6 weeks then had a scan at 7 weeks and saw the HB. It's such a relief!

lully2011, Hope your scan goes ok too x

I am so happy for you! The past 2 days I'm experiencing the same but I cannot be seen till Tuesday! I really hope everything is ok :(

Hi Lully2011, sure you willbe fine too, before the midwife even did the scan she explained what she thought it was and was certain she would see the little one! Hope all goes well.x

Just read- congrats. Here's to happy healthy pregnancies for us all.

Got a scan this morning and its TWINS!!!!! I'm still in shock :D

Have to go back in 2 weeks to confirm heartbeats etc as I'm a little earlier than I thought.

Got a scan this morning and its TWINS!!!!! I'm still in shock :D

Have to go back in 2 weeks to confirm heartbeats etc as I'm a little earlier than I thought.

Wow, congratulations! You can tell Twins that early? I'm going for my scan tomorrow. I can't wait for it.

I thought I was longer but turns out I'm only just gone 6 weeks!

Was such a shock! Cant wait to go back in 2 weeks. Fingers crossed I will hear heartbeats :D

Good luck with your scan!!!!

Attachments

• Double Trouble.jpg
    Double Trouble.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 5
Oh Jesus! Congratulations-double the fun and I'm sure double trouble!! Good luck xxxx

Fun :D its not a word Ive used yet today but it will be intersting for sure

Yes, between 6-7 weeks I had brown bleeding (nothing heavy) on and off and from 7-8 weeks it lessened and turned into a lighter, waterier brown. It virtually stopped altogether around 8-9 weeks. I panicked at first too but when I went to the appointment at 8.5 weeks I was surprised and relieved to see a little baby with a fast heart beat and even movement! :) I was told this isn't considered the norm during pregnancy but does happen to a fair amount of women. I would be more concerned if the bleeding is red and heavy (even then that doesn't necessarily mean the worst is to come). I know it doesn't sound easy but I'd try to relax as much as possible and get an appointment for reassurance. I'm sure all is going well. I'm wishing you and your baby the very best!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->