brown bread

twinkletoes

Reaction score
i know that brown wholemeal (or whatever its called) bread is better for u than white bread. but im wondering if brown bread is the best option to choose if your on a diet ect....

Definatly, its more filling and it a slow release carb, as oposed to the white bread with is refined like suger and crap for dieting. You can get diet bread but tbh this is a complete con as its only lower in calories cause the bread weighs less and is in smaller slices. So I say opt for brown bread and even better, opt for one with sunflower seeds on top as this is great for your digestive system too.

I'm going to diet after Christmas so thats good to know! :D

If anyone does want any diet and nutrition advice feel free to ask BTW. I studied it for a year with the OU, and still have the books, so I can put to gether diet plans for people and stuff. I have just done one for someone on another forum.

oh ok thanks guys

ive just had a tuna sandwich on brown wholemeal. so is that a healthy choice??

i tried that weight watchers bread once......i needed 8 slices to make me feel full lmao

It is was tinned tuna, what was it in? Opt for spring water or brine, and aviod ones in sun flower oil. Also mayonaise is not a good idea, if you want to moisten it a little without the calories try it will a low fat salad cream instead.
If however your tuna was in oil and you had a big dollop of mayo in it, and butter on your bread then the change in bread wont be making a huge difference and you will still have eaten a farily calorific lunch!

I like my food :lol:

I don't eat much chocs & stuff but I still have a big belly :? I use to be size 12 god damn it when I came back to England! :o

Mayo I would m iss as I loveeeee my pasta salad :|

Wobbles said:
I like my food :lol:

I don't eat much chocs & stuff but I still have a big belly :? I use to be size 12 god damn it when I came back to England! :o

Mayo I would m iss as I loveeeee my pasta salad :|

Whats your pasta salad reciepe, I can always tell you ways of slightly adapting it to make it lower fat/calories

Cooked pasta
Mushrooms
Grated cheese
Sliced & diced cucumber
Sliced ham
Sliced & dice red pepper
Mayo

:p

well for an imediately lower fat version without really changing anything, opt for low cal mayo and use a strong cheddar instead of normal mild, that way you can use far less cheese but still have the cheese taste.

For a far lower fat version go for turky ham, and also wholemeal pasta, and instead of making the sauce using mayo and cheese, make a cheese sauce if eating hot, using semi skimmed of skimmed milk with corn flour, use parmasan to taste and a little mustard brings the flavour out in cheese even more. If eating cold, substitute the mayo for a low cal dressing like a vinegrette some of these are less than 1% fat.

These changes will make the meal more filling by using wholemeal pasta (tastes no different) and will actually make the whole dish a rather nutritious low fat meal that you dont need to feel bad about eating.

Thanks Cat - Its more a cold pasta thing than a cheese thing if you know what I mean but put that together it sounds yummy :lol:

brown food liek pasta bread is much more than white as whit is startchy

no i didnt have mayo lol. i dont like it ! i always mix tuna with a tiny bit of low fat salad cream and lemmon pepper. its lovely, so dont knock it till you've tried it lol.

and i always get tuna in spring water. i hate the one in oil. its far too greasey for my liking

twinkletoes said:
no i didnt have mayo lol. i dont like it ! i always mix tuna with a tiny bit of low fat salad cream and lemmon pepper. its lovely, so dont knock it till you've tried it lol.

and i always get tuna in spring water. i hate the one in oil. its far too greasey for my liking

You did well then hun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->